Author Topic: My latest journey in the world of BAHA  (Read 2253 times)

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
My latest journey in the world of BAHA
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:16:59 am »
So a quick recap of where I've been with this: I got my Ponto back around 2011ish and was pleased with the result.  I did have a lot of issues with the site healing (as sometimes happens to Middle Fossa patients, the site is somewhat close to where they drilled into my head).  So I ended having to have that skin closed back up with with plastic surgery, rearrange my scalp to get better skin in relation to the post for my BAHA.  It worked for the most part, but off and on ever since I kept leaking and it would take a while to heal sometimes.  I've bloodied more than my share of pillows.  Finally I had enough and went back to the doctor who did the procedure and he recommending removing the abutment and letting that area heal for a good while.  This was about 4 months ago and it indeed has healed.  So I went back because I do want it back in and he said we'd try one more time. He also said he'd try to put in for approval through insurance to upgrade my device to the newest one, the Ponto Plus.  It's all been approved but I need to wait until after I get my shoulder surgery done and over with, which happens in a little over a week from now.  I did a quick search on the forum here and it doesn't look like too many people has this new Ponto Plus yet.  Anyone been using it for a bit? Did you upgrade from an older version and if so is there a noticeable improvement?  I'll update this when things progress.  Take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston