Author Topic: Tinnitius Study  (Read 3175 times)

Necromancer

• You are your own best advocate!
Tinnitius Study
« on: September 18, 2015, 03:08:54 pm »
I am looking to see if this has the same affect on others with tinnitius. I have found that when my tinnitius increases, if I put pressure on my opposit ear canal (e.g.: stick my finger in my ear or apply pressure from the outside), my tinnitius decreases.
I am working on an experiment with my audiologist and would appreciate input from others.
Left SSD 5 days post flu vac. Severe vertigo x 3 weeks. Left ear AN found on MRI 11/5/14 6mm x 4mm watch and wait. 22 hyperbaric O2 tx, no change. BAHA5 Attract 4/17/15 changed to post 12/15/15 2.5 year  MRI shows no change.

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: Tinnitius Study
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:44:12 pm »
Just tried it. Didn't work.

But reminds me of a story.

Joe's walking along and sees a guy with a banana growing out of his ear.

Joe: Hey, do you know you've got a banana growing out of your ear.

Guy: What?

Joe: You've got a banana growing out of your ear.

Guy: WHAT?

Joe: There's a banana growing out of your ear.

Guy: Sorry, you'll have to speak louder, can't you see that there's a banana growing out of my ear?
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 05:54:50 pm »
Hmmm, yeah I tried too. Still shrillin' away.  Be interesting to hear what this experiment is about though.  Good luck with it!  And Jack? Ba-Da-Bum! :) 
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

LeahRachel

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 10:33:49 pm »
I tried it and the tinnitus just did not  get softer.  In fact it set off the sould of a chain off  loud cymbols  crashing together.   But recently almost any motion could  cause that. I also have a cochlear implant in my non-AN ear.  (I am so lucky. Sudding hearing loss it the right;  AN in the left)  Do you have hearing in the ear you are touching?  Maybe that makes a difference.

You may have a form of somatic tinnitus which is set off or changed by motion of a specifc muscel.  I read an article about one person who could make his tinnitus louder by wiggling a finger.  But I have nerver heard of anyone who could make their tinnitus quieter.  There is often a fatigue factor in somatic tinnitus.  If you push on your ear several times in a row does tinnitus get quieter every time, or do you have to have to wait a few mniutes before it happens again?

I'm curious to how others answer your question.

Leah

Dyslexic and deaf. (expect spelling errors :) ) Cochlear in my right ear and  Gamma Knife  soon for the AN in my left.