Author Topic: Going on 7-years post surgery  (Read 8315 times)

Dday

Going on 7-years post surgery
« on: September 09, 2015, 11:55:13 am »
 I haven't been here for some time, and wanted to check back in with others possibly going through similar things. I had posted some time ago about changes I have noticed with myself regarding mood, memory shortage/loss, depression, noticeable decline in focus and attention, among other things since having translab surgery almost 7-years ago. Of the things I've been experiencing, they have seemed to fluctuate from time to time…some days better, some worse, but I've never had a time where I've felt they're "gone" (other than a rare caffeine "high" from too much coffee!). One of the major things I've been noticing/feeling over time is distance/disassociation from others. I don't know if those around me notice this, but I definitely feel it, and it's probably my biggest inner turmoil. Having a young son and one living parent (at 80) makes it harder (that darn "time" thing).
 All this said, I ran across a podcast with an Endocrinologist, Dr. Mark Gordon, who has been researching/specializing/treating hormonal deficiencies in head trauma patients for at least 10 years now. I noticed MANY similarities in symptoms that he, and one of his patients, spoke about…memory, focus, libido, depression, anxiety, etc.. I do realize the "association factor" on my part related to this. I was wondering if any of you have had continual experiences like these, and if you've had experience with or heard of this type of treatment in regards to AN patients?

Dday