Author Topic: surgury night mare!!  (Read 3645 times)

confused

surgury night mare!!
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:49:06 am »
i went it for out patient sugery for a hystrectomy and ended up in icu for 2 days.  some kind of reactions to the medicine and was told i was overdosed.  now know one want to talk but they did a eeg and now wanting to do a mri but won't say why.  help have you had this happen or know some one it happened to.  and what to do?????  VERY CONFUSED!!

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: surgury night mare!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 10:03:44 am »
I know of a woman who went in for the same surgery, not outpatient though. She was suppose to be there 3-4 days. She developed some kid of infection and had to stay longer. Day after day went by, then week after week, then into months. It seemed the longer she was at the hospital the sicker she got. She was a co worker of a friend of mine who told me about it because this woman was at the same hospital I had my AN surgery at. ANyway, I lost track of what ever happened to her. I just know that hospitals really are a dangereous places. I was watching a TV special just a few days ago that talked about how common medical mistakes are and how many thousands of people die from them. The fact that they aren't talking makes one wonder if someone made somekind of mistake.
I would get someone else, your husband, boyfriend, dad, whoever to go with you and meet with your Doc and demand to know what is going on. IF a mistake took place they are probably fearful of a lawsuit. But it could be something else. If they suspect something with your condition, they certainly need to inform you of what it is they are looking for with an MRI, etc.
Please stand up for yurself and get some answeres.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Laura

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:45:56 pm »
I work with a gentleman whose wife also went in for a hysterectomy and has since had LOTS of complications as they cut her bowels and didn't realize it until she developed an infection. I do believe there is a lawsuit in the works.
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 04:53:55 pm »
I would get copies of all my records from the facility before they have a chance to lose them. 

confused

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 02:37:19 am »
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU LADIES FOR RESPONDING TO MY ADD.   I AM GOING TO GET THE RECORDS FROM THE HOSPITAL AND GOING TO SEE MY DOCTOR TUESDAY.  TRUST ME I HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS THAT I AM GOING TO DEMAND ANSWERS TO.  BECAUSE THEY DID A EEG IN THE HOSPITAL AND NOW DID A MRI.  SO I AM THINKING SOMETHING WENT WRONG AND THEY ARE BEING HUSH HUSH ABOUT.  SO THAN KS AGAIN...GOD BLESS YOU