Author Topic: Having a hard time  (Read 5146 times)

thisisajourney

Having a hard time
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:28:53 pm »
I had a torrosarapy ( sorry for the misspelled word). Now the doctor won't cut it open for me... It's very upsetting.  It bothers my eye and I'm always seeing my skin when I look to the left.
After surgery 5 years ago I didn't take the best care of my eye, such as keeping it moist.  Now that it's been so many years I am aware of how to care for my eye.  My question is how can I get my eye opened up to its normal self?

feline

Re: Having a hard time
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:19:12 pm »
Can u blink now and do u have facial paralysis why won't the doctor reverse the sutured eye corner for u ?
Walnut size AN removed on June 30 2014 at Stanford with Dr Chang and Dr Blevins facial paralysis, no blink ,no hearing but otherwise feel good otherwise

thisisajourney

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 02:26:51 am »
I can blink (manually). Slight paralysis.  He just said he wouldn't open it, which is frustrating cause it's my eye ... If he was worry about damage I would sign a waiver.

lorigasper

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 10:30:37 pm »
I'm so sorry for you!  Would your doctor be willing to call a colleague for some input?  My surgeon is Dr. Ron Pelton in Colorado Springs.  He was concerned that I wanted to open my eye and try the scleral lens.  He'd never had a patient try that.  I promised him I'd be back to have it re-closed if this lens didn't work, but that I wanted to give it a try.

After a year of periodic check-ups, I no longer need to see him.  Honestly, I think he was surprised that I've had so much success, but he's really pleased with how I've done.

Maybe your doctor could give him a call and get some information on how things went?  Dr. Pelton is well respected in this area and he could offer your doctor some encouragement…..
4cm AN diagnosed 4/13
retrosigmoid 6/13
tarsorraphy 6/13, SSD, rt side facial paralysis
tarsorraphy reversed 7/14
gold weight and scleral lens 7/14
CROS
12/7 nerve graft 12/14

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 08:14:06 pm »
I think the doctor is an idiot - I have no problem saying this b/c my initial surgeon was an idiot.  The canthal lateral sling will keep your lower lid tight for years - have had mine since 2009!  Find yourself an oculoplastic surgeon who knows what he/she is doing.  Pardon my being so blunt but I am so angry with doctors who act like God - my inital surgeion, Dr. Fred Teleschi at Univ of Miami took it upon himself to cut my facial nerve, even though my tumor lifted easily off the nerve - friggin idiot!  So mamy issues due to the paralysis.  I finally had a canthal laterla sling which has kept my lower lid lifted, then found out from Jill Marie (thank you!) about the scleral lens for severe dry eye & found the best doctor - Dr. Kenneth Mahler in Ft. Lauderdal, FL, who hooked me up with a scleral lens in 2013.
This trip has been a nigbhtmare for me, but we do the best we can.  I wish you all the best my friend.  Keep a peaceful heart, Nancy
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:23:38 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis