Author Topic: Annual Hearing Test  (Read 3788 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Annual Hearing Test
« on: October 17, 2006, 06:45:57 am »
I finally had my annual hearing test.  My "good" ear is still in the near perfect range!!!  I asked the audiologist about the Trans Ear and she had never heard of it.  I gave her the info I had and she is going to look into it and get back to me.  The ENT is finally concerned about my dizziness and no gains in the balance department.  This part gets scary....they have only done ten AN's in the past four years!  Supposedly, all other patients have regained "normal" activity.  So they really think I am the odd ball out.  I told them to read this forum and they will find that there are more like me than not.  They are submitting another letter to SSD and telling them that they were wrong in my prognosis.  I also had to have another MRI yesterday, much to my dismay, because the ones I had in my recent hospital stay showed areas of concern that the reading radiologists missed.  I wish I had found this forum BEFORE my surgery!!  I gave them the web address so that they could give it to anyone diagnosed with an AN.  You all have been life savers for me.  Thank you all for that.
Hugs,
BrendaO :D
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Laura

Re: Annual Hearing Test
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 07:04:11 am »
Hang in there Brendalu!!! Keep us posted on your results please.
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind