Author Topic: It's been awhile......  (Read 4698 times)

LoriW

It's been awhile......
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:44:27 pm »
Hey All,

Lori, from Arizona.   It's been awhile since I've been to the site.   How do you like these odds?   3 people in less then 2 years, diagnosed with AN.   We all work at a Nuclear Power Plant, which employs maybe 2500 people.  We have all been out here 15+ years.  I've been out here for 21 years.  Pretty freaky, huh?  I had my tumor removed on 12-14-04 and still clean.  Sometimes I wonder because my balance gets pretty bad.  I gave this site to my new compadres.   Hi Guys!

Has anyone been to the site Zazzle.com?   Type in the search box, Brain Tumors.  You can actually order t-shirts.  I have the "I had brain surgery, what's your excuse?" shirt, plus Brain Tumor Survivor.  I figure people look at me and wonder what is wrong with me, I just wear one of my shirts and that explains it.  Cure Brain Tumors is on the back.  Check the site out, you can also create your own shirts.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 10:04:22 pm by LoriW »

tony

Re: It's been awhile......
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 12:06:20 am »
Over here there is a spoof rock/metal band called "Spinal Tap"
(which is another expression for a shunt")
They have all the heavy rock type t-shirts (black sabbath, rainbow, hawkwind etc)
- but with the spinal tap logo - very dramatic
best regards
tony

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 09:34:19 am »
Lori,

Love the t shirts. I think I'll have to get me one. Thanks for the site. I've been looking for support gorups like this one for my uncle who has terminal brain cancer (tumor)  Where I live  in Park City Utah, a realitively small town, ther are two women who had AN's, and two others I know that recently had benign brain tumors. What gives?? All women?  We think we need to have our own support group called the "Tumor Heads of Park City"   sounds like Tony's rock group

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

tony

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 12:54:00 pm »
I wanna be the drummer !
Tony