Author Topic: Read a message on a T-shirt  (Read 7720 times)

Jill Marie

Read a message on a T-shirt
« on: May 04, 2015, 10:31:37 pm »
Today one of my customers had a t-shirt on that read:  No, seriously, what's wrong with your face?  I know it wasn't meant for me but it sure felt like it.  For the life of me I can't figure out why someone would wear a shirt like that.  I know people wear shirts with messages that would offend some and not others but I really don't know what the purpose of the message was.  I know it wasn't meant to make fun of people like me but it still hurt.  I know that young people often wear shirts with messages us older ones don't approve of but this shirt was worn by a man not much younger than I am.  Thanks for letting me vent!  Jill Marie
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: Read a message on a T-shirt
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 12:33:20 am »
Offensive T-Shirts are nothing new. I've had one for decades that says: "If you don't like my attitude, stop talking to me."

Here's a website with all sorts of offensive T-Shirts.

http://www.tshirtoutlet.com/t-shirts-humor-t-shirts-rude-t-shirts.html

3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

Kristena

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 08:36:47 am »
That is really bizarre! I can't imagine why there would be a t-shirt with that saying. That's what I picture people are thinking when they meet me, but to see it in print would feel like a sign or something. I'm not sure if I would feel offended if I came face-to-face with it, but definitely "touched" in some way.
2.7 cm meningioma in CPA and IAC
Retrosig June 2013 resulted in Facial paralysis and SSD
6-mo post-op MRI showed 1.0 cm remains in IAC
3-yr MRI still shows no new growth!
6/2014 Baha magnet implanted; 8/2014 magnet removed due to poor healing; 9/2014 abutment installed. Hearing fine!

Jill Marie

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 09:21:47 pm »
Kristena,  Thanks for posting!  I was totally baffled as to what the shirt really meant too!  I think it bothered me a bit more when I saw it then it usually would as I'm having severe issues with my eye this week do to the Spring allergy season so the shirt hit a raw nerve. 

Arizona Jack, think I'll pass on the tshirt site, I see plenty of them everyday where I work, and yes some are funny but I'm sure not everyone would agree with what I think is funny.

Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.