Author Topic: Univ of Michigan and pilot ?s  (Read 2282 times)

Circusnole

Univ of Michigan and pilot ?s
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:07:37 pm »
Hi everyone, this is my first post and I'm finding out like everyone else I have studied myself to death about all the possible options of GK or micro surgery (translab). I've met with several Drs and the radiation guys say GK and the surgeons all say take it out. I'm waiting to hear from one of the Drs at th University of Michigan as a friend of mine (who's a neurosurgeon) studied there and had high marks for them. Has anyone else had any surgery done there or have any input about them?
Also I'm wondering about the vertigo issues after translab since I'm a pilot and can get my medical back with SSD but not with imbalance issues. Are there any pilots out there that have had translab (other than the one on the Keck USC video). Currently have no imbalance issues and AN ear is 96%. Hate to throw away that much good hearing but think this will be my best option to maintain "normal"
Thanks for your replys

Diagnosed March 15, 2015
2.1 X1.7 x 1.5 cm left AN
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 08:28:59 pm by Circusnole »
2.1 cm AN removed (retrosig) by Drs. Schwartz and Slattery at HEI on 28 April 2015.
Walking on own 30 hrs later with no balance or vertigo issues at all.  Great team!