Author Topic: Looking for BAHA insight  (Read 3609 times)

Necromancer

• You are your own best advocate!
Looking for BAHA insight
« on: March 09, 2015, 08:28:07 am »
I'm looking info and your feelings on BAHA4 Attract. I'm having my implant Friday April 17th. I am a nurse, and lost left side hearing after this years flu shot. Neuritis and underlying 5mm AN did that. Chose baha attract so I can upgrade to new device ( Bonebridge ) when it gets FDA approval in USA. Any info would be greatly appreciated. AN is watch and wait for now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:35:06 am by Necromancer »
Left SSD 5 days post flu vac. Severe vertigo x 3 weeks. Left ear AN found on MRI 11/5/14 6mm x 4mm watch and wait. 22 hyperbaric O2 tx, no change. BAHA5 Attract 4/17/15 changed to post 12/15/15 2.5 year  MRI shows no change.

Necromancer

• You are your own best advocate!
Re: Looking for BAHA insight
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 07:18:08 pm »
Well, magnet implant for the attract was done today. Post-op discomfort is minimal, may take some Tylenol before bed. Now it's 3-4 week wait before I get my device. Will post again when that happens, or if there is any change.
Left SSD 5 days post flu vac. Severe vertigo x 3 weeks. Left ear AN found on MRI 11/5/14 6mm x 4mm watch and wait. 22 hyperbaric O2 tx, no change. BAHA5 Attract 4/17/15 changed to post 12/15/15 2.5 year  MRI shows no change.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Looking for BAHA insight
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 08:19:05 am »
I wish I would have read this post sooner - or that you would have sent me a personal message.

I'm no longer active on the Forum - except sporadically - but I could have given you all kinds of insight on the BAHA.

I had my implant in 2008 - 9 months after my AN surgery - and I'm in the process of upgrading to my 3rd Cochlear processor (the BAHA 5).

BAHA's rock.  Everyone who is SSD should have one (just my opinion - so all those who disagree, please don't respond with all kinds of derogatory messages).

If you have any questions about the BAHA, want advice, or just want to "talk" - please feel free to email me (see my profile) or PM me through the Forum.  I get lots of PMs about the BAHA - and I'm more than happy to help.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways