Author Topic: Pulsatile Tinnitus - post surgery  (Read 2589 times)

terp1974

Pulsatile Tinnitus - post surgery
« on: February 24, 2015, 12:20:47 pm »
I developed this after my AN surgery. I hear my heartbeat when I try to sleep. Some nights I do not notice it. My pharmacist told me that a low dose of melatonin may help with sleep. I do not hear the noise when I am awake.

Do others have a suggestion how to sleep better?

Tricia Marie

Re: Pulsatile Tinnitus - post surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 08:10:30 am »
Background noise helps me. I have an air purifier in my room that constantly runs and kind of sounds like air blowing out loudly. Of course it's not a perfect solution, but worth a shot.

Mimispree

• HUG A NURSE TODAY!
Re: Pulsatile Tinnitus - post surgery
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 09:52:21 am »
After my surgery, I have been taking 6 mg (two pills) of Melatonin every evening.  It is best if you take Melatonin at the same time every evening, about an hour before you wish to go to sleep.

I also take the Ibuprofen P.M., which helps with my terrible shoulder and neck pain I get only at night (weird, and also only since the surgery).  My doctor advised me against taking Ibuprofen for more than two years.

2.8cm Trigeminal Neuralgia tumor removed Translabyrinthine approach on July 31, 2014 at the University of Utah Health Center.
Dr. Clough Shelton and Dr. William Couldwell.
SSD; Right side facial paralysis; Poor right eye sight; Dizzy 24/7; Eyelid implant 02/215; Sense of humor intact.