Author Topic: Obligatory Five-year Check-in  (Read 2092 times)

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
Obligatory Five-year Check-in
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:01:29 pm »
1) I am alive and well.
2) Other than a persistent cough associated with swallowing difficulties, the need to use a night-time gel in my eye, and synkenesis, I wouldn't know a difference most of the time between my physical life then and my physical life now.
3) I still can't sing generally, I can yell some, just not enough to really enjoy it.  ;D
4) Life is a good (save for things totally outside of my control which have nothing to with my body or tumor), but even then, life is good.
5) In fact, I would go so far as to say that few have a life as good as mine (despite missing half the ceiling in the living room, half the floor, and the constant noise of blowers and dehumidifiers, and a wife for whom I have become honored to be her caregiver).
6) I have nothing to complain about (well, it would be nice to be showered with money every evening, but that might be asking too much).
7) Life really is good for me.
8) I wish the same and more for you.
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Susan59

Re: Obligatory Five-year Check-in
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 11:55:17 am »

After reading your stats, I see that you have been through a lot.  So glad that you are enjoying life. Best wishes to you!  :)

MG

Re: Obligatory Five-year Check-in
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 02:17:02 pm »
Tod, it's nice to hear a positive outlook on life after an AN! Thanks! :)

Best wishes, MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016