Author Topic: Angel Adventure - Phoenix  (Read 5929 times)

shoegirl

Angel Adventure - Phoenix
« on: October 13, 2006, 08:51:32 pm »
Good evening,

I am participating in the National Brain Tumor Foundation - Angel Adventure walk tomorrow morning here in Phoenix.  I just want to say to those of you who have offered friendship, support, shared your knowledge, humor, to all of you... I am dedicating my walk.  Thank you for your support throughout my journey.

:)

left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Boppie

Re: Angel Adventure - Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 09:39:11 pm »
Thank you for the time and effort you will expend to bring awareness to the Brain Tumor Foundation and its issues.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:16:07 am »
Suzanne,
Please know that all of us Wenches, Scallywags and assorted Wonkyheads will be with you in spirit!!! Walk Away!!!!!!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

lmurray69

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 03:52:29 pm »
 Thanks for the walk we will all be praying that you have a good walk and that all your dreams come true
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 07:14:00 pm »
I sure hope you put on your pirate socks for your walk!  :-*
Hope you're walk went well.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 06:50:16 pm »
Hey Shoegirl,
  How did the walk go??? I have been doing 6 mile walks, (on flat surg=faces) lately with a friend of mine who is a Breast Cancer survivor. She is training for a 60 mile walk min San Diego in Nov. I told her I was training for walking without falling down, and could I go wqith her. It has been great. I have not seen any walks for brain tumor survivors. I'll keep my eyes open for them around here. My uncle is going through Brain Cancer. The tumor was too bog to get out last March, going through the motions with the chemo and radiation, but they gave him very little time.

Does anyone know of a good support forum like this one for Cancerous BrainTumors? I think he would get so much support from a group like this one.

Patti UT yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

shoegirl

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 07:21:27 pm »
Hi,

The walk was amazing.  Will definitely do it again next year.  There were so many wonderful people, of all ages.  It was inspiring.  Was thinking of you wenches and scallywags!

Patti,

Try the National Brain Tumor Foundation website - they may be able to help you find support for your uncle.

http://www.braintumor.org/index.html
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ