Author Topic: I just received my referral!!!  (Read 3454 times)

BusyBonnie

I just received my referral!!!
« on: October 07, 2006, 12:21:43 pm »
I just recieved my referral in the mail. I have Pacificare HMO and they are FAST! I was just wondering if anyone has any info or has seen Dr. Jeffrey Harris ,MD at UCSD? I am planning on also sending my MRI scans to House for a consult but all the info I seem to find about UCSD online sounds like they are really good. I guess I will find out once I meet the Dr. Harris if I feel comfortable with them or not. I live in 30-40 minutes from UCSD and only a few hours from House so it would be easy to go to either. My insurance also covers House! Any opinions out there? Thanks in advance!

Also, I have been dealing with major neck cramping on the opposite side of my AN that's actually keeping me from driving and going to work for the last couple of days. I'm not sure if it has to do with my AN but I know I have occassional balance problems so it makes sense. Thanks everyone! I love this board!

Lana ;D
Mother and wife.
2006 11mm acoustic neuroma.
GK Dec. 27th 2006 at SD Gamma Knife Center.
June 2007 MRI - No signs of necrosis.
April 9th 2013 - 13mm
Will be scheduling radiosurgery again

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: I just received my referral!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 02:51:47 pm »

I Have some major neck pain before my surgery ... I never even connected AN's and neck pain ..
I aways thought I was sleeping wrong, or driving too much .  since that did seem to trigger it ... but

its been over a year since my surgery ... and not ONE sore neck !!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

marystro

Re: I just received my referral!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 08:57:28 pm »
Hi Busybonnie,

I had an appointment with Dr. Harris' office once I was diagnosed with AN.  I only know that Dr. Harris is the head of Otolaryngology Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery specializing in neuro-otologic surgery at UCSD.  In my case, I chose to use Cyberknife at Stanford simply because I wanted to avoid surgery and I had the options with radiation treatment.  So I canceled the appointment with Dr. Harris' office since I have already made my decision.  I would be interested to hear how your appointment goes with Dr. Harris.  I think his office has recently retained a new doctor (can't remember her name) from House.

This board is terrific!  Welcome to the special family.

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm