Author Topic: News Article about 19 year old soccer player with AN  (Read 3861 times)

vcschaub

News Article about 19 year old soccer player with AN
« on: October 05, 2006, 03:23:45 pm »
Here is a link to an article about a 19 year old Duke University soccer player who had her AN removed by Dr Brackmann at the House Clinic. I thought it would be of interest.

http://tinyurl.com/qdjdo
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

Rc Moser

Re: News Article about 19 year old soccer player with AN
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 04:15:12 pm »
Nice article, Nice to hear some good news for a change. She had a few things going for her IMO. She was in great shape, young,  tumor kind of on the small side, though any size can give trouble for what I've read and how things go in the operating room, great care, and the tumor probably hasn't been pressing on the nerves or brain that long, which IMO tends to lead to a quicker recovery.

IMO by looking as some of the stats on some of us with problems the tumor has been growing for years and have been pushing on things a very long time thinning and weaken the nerves, most tend to be older, with a wide range of doctors preforming the operation. All things factored in IMO it always best to find "Timmy the tumor" (as someone called the beast)  early before he has time to do his dirty deeds. And some of use are just unlucky the way it grows and what it grow off of and IMO will take years for noticeable improvements when the 7th nerve is stretched like a piece of wire.
9/17/03, 4.5CM, Translab, OU Medical Center, Dr. (the ear man) Saunders and Dr. B. (the BrainMAN) Wilson  along with about 4 other Doctors that keep me going for 18 hours.

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 07:16:21 am »
  Very cool.  I love hearing about good outcomes.  And seeing someone's grit and determination in rehab pay off.
Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 07:27:45 am »
Interesting with Dukes medical facility as it is that she would be referred to House in LA.  Things that make you go hmmmm....

amylynn

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 11:32:43 am »
Thanks for posting this.  Makes me hopeful that I will be back to firefighting at some point.
Amylynn
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO