Author Topic: "What is a Huggles?"  (Read 5826 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
"What is a Huggles?"
« on: September 30, 2006, 08:35:47 am »
I know I have been quiet around these parts lately and as many of you know, my focus has been concentrated on some other aspects of my life that are positive.. and some not so positive.....

...and today, I receive an envelope that... I have to admit... brought me to tears.  For all the huggles I have tried to give those here, whether in the beginning stages of their diagnosis... for those choosing treatment plans... for those recently coming from their treatments.. or... for those that remain here, long after treatment... to share words of encouragement, to share knowledge, to share facts and myths... but most of all... to share a shoulder, their good ears, their hearts..... and yes, many huggles..... please know that I couldn't go through this AN journey without you all...

For those that remain a close part of my life, that share in my joys... and my sorrows... and now, those that bring me to tears when I received this envelope with this lovely book of Huggles... for those that share their personal notes with me.... ok, you wenches and scallywags... you did it... you brought me to tears... but know they are happy tears... as I am so fortunate...no, blessed, to have such wonderful folks in my "family".

I thank you for thinking of me. I thank you for always being there for me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for always sharing your heart.

yeah, I know, rather sappy but.... I raise a glass of grog to you all... and know that each and every single one of you will be there with me next Saturday (:o, OMG!  One week!?) as my "family" will stand there with me and CB as we officially welcome him into the family.  I... no... we (yes, including the "toot queen"!) are so lucky to call you family.

For those of you that are new here, that haven't really had a chance to get to know me... please know this.  I stand in solidarity with you as you enter or endure this AN journey.  Know that I try to support you in all of your efforts to choose what is best for you, to help hold a hand during this process and know that regardless of what direction in the road you choose, I remain committed in support of what choices you make and committed to help with support during your walk down your chosen path.

Once again, I am humbled.. and so truly blessed.

xoxoxo to you all! 
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: "What is a Huggles?"
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 10:28:43 am »
Phyl,

You've been an amazing pillar of strength for me on my journey this summer, and I feel so privileged to have been able to meet you in person.  The support and strength so freely given by you and so many others here is a large part of what helped me get through my surgery with my sanity in tact.  I don't know how to begin to express my appreciation to you and everyone else here.

I have thought of you often and will be there in spirit as you celebrate next Saturday!  Wishing you and CB a long, long life together full of passion, laughter, and joy.

I can't wait for in-person huggles in November!!!!!   ;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

matti

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 01:47:20 pm »
Phyl - As I tell you often, I don't know where to begin to thank you for the support, love, laughter and friendship that you have given me. In spite of your own struggles, you continue to rally behind us and cheer us on. THANK YOU!!!

Wishing you and Iain a life time of love and happiness and as Katie say's "passion" and lots of it!!! ;)

Can't wait to give you a huggle next July in Philly, when EAST MEETS WEST...The showdown begins!!

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 02:23:43 pm »
"show down"  boy I feel like I need to dust me cowboy boots off (haven't worn em' since leaving texas  LOL). 

Phyllis best of wishes to you and CB..you know we're with you in spirit!!  As a collective group we have a lot of that to go around!
BIG HUGGLES TO YA[/color]

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 04:42:30 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW Pearly Girly!

Ya know we all luuuuuuurrrrves ya and wishes ya much happiness with your Cheeky Bloke!!!!!!

A Big Huggles back atcha!!!

*  reaches around and hugs computer monitor *

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 08:06:02 pm »
PHILL,

BEST WISHIES TO THE BOTH OF YOU. I MISSED THE CALL TONIGHT, WANTED TO WISH YOU ALL THE BEST. YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM BECOMING KIND OF A FAMILY. I HOPE YOUR NEW HUBBY WON'T MIND THE TIME SPENT ON THE PUTER TO KEEP HELPING ALL US AN'ers AFTER THE BIG DAY, CUA WE NEED YOU HERE. . CONGRATULATIONS!!

HUGGLES
PATTI UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 12:43:52 pm »
Hi Phyl,

Congratulations to you and the new man in your life.  I hope you both have many, many, happy and HEALTHY years together.  Thanks for all your support and information.  You and I are close in our AN procedures, and I really was glad to have someone else going through almost the same thing as me.  Does that make sense?? Well, hopefully you know what I mean.  Cheers!!

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

marystro

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 01:01:44 pm »
Dearest Phyl,

Couldn't help but chime in with my most sincerely wishes to you and your husband on your BIG DAY!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Enjoy your new life that you will be sharing with one another.

Mary

Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm

nannettesea

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 06:17:01 pm »
Pearly Girly,

We LOVES YA!  And Cheeky Bloke today.  Next Saturday will be so joyous.  Just cementing an already purrrrfect love.

Thanks to those who coordinated the Huggles--think it was Batty and Gennysmom....?!

NN
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 08:28:35 pm »
Hey girly,

pretty nervewracking time fer ya, but we're here for da moral support. I just can't wait to see the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, ah, ah of the wedding of course!!!

Laz sits quietly down in his chair with hands over face avoiding the stapler that girly is about to throw through da puter.

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz