Author Topic: I have a date for surgery!!!at house  (Read 12940 times)

lmurray69

I have a date for surgery!!!at house
« on: September 29, 2006, 08:09:58 pm »
 They set me up for the 1st of nov 2006, at 7:30 Am I have to check in the 30th for test the 31st..I am so excited...Thanks for all of you ...LInda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Obita

Re: I have a date for surgery!!!at house
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 05:00:52 am »
Hello Linda:

What great news....starting the countdown to one less AN in the world!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

nipanddale

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:30:51 am »
Hey Linda,
Dale here. Had a 3.5 cm AN removed by Drs Brackmann and Hitzleberger on July 1st. They threw on the BAHA implant at the end of the same surgery. I just put my BAHA on this week for thye first time ('cos the sight has to heal for a couple months before you use it.) Being SSD isn't so bad; you can adjust, but the BAHA really helps. Now I don't have to bend down and stick my ear in a youngster's face to hear them!

Here it is 2 1/2 months later, and I'm feeling AWESOME!!! I'm back to work teaching 7th and 8th grade Language Arts, I'm cutting my lawn again, and I don't have to put eyedrops in every 5 minutes anymore. (Just a few times daily)

The House docs are the BEST!! You'll be back to your old self in no time. You may want to take one of those curved neck-pillows- they are much more comfortable when you're laying there after the surgery.

Good luck!  ;D

Dale
3.5cm Diagnosed June 2006 - Removed June 28, 2006
House Ear Clinic - Los Angeles, CA
Surgical Doctors: Brackmann, Hitselberger, Kutz, and Stefan
CFS Leak Doctor: Friedman
Follow-up Doctor: Cullen

Entire tumor removed
Facial nerve intact

Today is a good day!

Laura

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 06:52:19 am »
I'm so excited for you Linda!!!
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

lmurray69

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 01:49:55 pm »
Thanks for the advice about the pillow.. do you know how long you are in icu...
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

nannettesea

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 06:18:56 pm »
GOOD GIRL, LINDA---
Persistence pays off!  It will go perfectly.

love and hugs,
NN (Naughty Nan aka Dizzy Diva, but not for long)!
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 06:44:52 pm »
Thanks for the advice about the pillow.. do you know how long you are in icu...

Definitely bring your own pillows!  That made huge difference for me.  Hospital pillows are plastic covered, flat, and hard.  Blech!!  How long you're in ICU depends on how you're doing - I was there 24 hours, but could've been moved after about 12.  Unfortunately, I had to wait for a space to open up on the regular neuro floor...

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

lmurray69

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 09:42:54 pm »
Thanks for all the info . I have two pillows and i am takingthem,,thanks for all your suport...Linda

kat

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 01:36:24 pm »
HI Linda

I am sorry to read  that your GK did not work . I had GK for my 2.2cm AN here in the UK just about 18 months ago and my first MRI December 05 showed no change in size at all . I have had very few symptoms from my AN , only some loss
of hearing , tinnitus and a few very isolated dizzy spells and a brief period of headpain which disappeared quickly after a course of anti inflammatory medication . My next MRI is due in December and I hope to see some positive changes then  but whether I will time will tell .  I wish you the very best of luck with your operation and will keep monitoring this site to see how you are getting on .

Best regards Katarina   
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

lmurray69

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 06:26:35 pm »
thanks again we are in the process of trying to get my missouri medicaid to help with the 20% that medicare wont pay..then i am off to have surgery...getting excited and nervice cant spell either..I want them too remove about 20 lbs of fat they dont have to put it in the brain just get rid of it..

Dzimy

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 07:18:05 pm »
Linda,  This next month will go by much faster than you think.  I just had Translab at HEI 10 days ago.  I always felt that I was in the best hands.  ICU only 24 hrs.  Up and walking within 48 hrs of surgery.  Husband stayed at Seton Hall.  Anything I can do for you just let me know.  I live not to far from HEI in Orange County.  Donna
Donna, age 61, Stanton, Calif, SSD
2.5 cm AN left side, diagnosed 7/16/06
Translab 9/27/06 Dr. Schwartz & Dr. Fayad. HEI
MRI 11/06( 8 x 8 x 9 mm)
MRI 3/13 (12 x 16 x 15 mm )
11/13 radio-surgery@ Kaiser LA
MRI 12/13/14 (13 x 13 x 13 mm)

lmurray69

Re: I have a date for surgery!!!at house donna
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 12:47:58 pm »
Thanks ever so much , we are driving from Missouri to have surgery. and I too hope that it goes well. did you have any face problems.. I love the new soap they give you.. and what r  the pills for..got my packet and filled it out.. guess its a go still waiting on insurance, Dr house will do mine along wiith swartz and stephen

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 03:18:56 pm »
Linda, The soap is an antibacterial, just to double disinfect your bod prior to surgery--they had me use it for a week before surgery. Don't know what pills--what is the name on the bottle?--It's probably a steroid for any swelling that may occurr post-op. They may have you start them for a few days before surgery.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

lmurray69

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 07:58:21 pm »
Capt  Deb found out the pills are 6 of them 2 a day for 3 days pryer to surgery.. I sure hope my insurance come threw..I dont want to have to waite again....Did you have the dry eye and face problems?

amylynn

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 08:04:24 pm »
The pills are Famvir.  I read that for reasons which are  unknown that if you have ever been exposed to a herpes virus , even a coldsore, if the virus is dormant in your body it can become re-activated from this surgery..  Hence, Famvir as a preventative. Mine are $35 dont think insurance will pay mine either.
Maybe I'll see you around there at St Vincent's or Seton Hall.  Best wishes and prayers.
Amy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 08:09:00 pm by amylynn »
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO