Author Topic: 3 Month MRI  (Read 2698 times)

Dealy

3 Month MRI
« on: September 28, 2006, 04:28:57 pm »
Today I had a 3 month MRI of my Blob. I saw it on the tech screen but I really do not know what I am suppose to see or not to see. It is going to the hospital where I had FSR. Last night my feet went numb-felt like I had been whacked good in the head-plus I got really wobbly. This lasted about 2 hours. Doc fromm JHH called back (they are getting to love us there) because we call so much. Told us this is usual from radiation. The only thing is-my voice to me still sounds tinny-boney. I had a hearing test-even though no one wanted but me. Still have 96% but lost some pitch in 2000 Hertz range. Does anyone speculate if this can or will possible recover. I actually told my ENT that I have learned more from this site on what to expect than from anyone else. He just looked at me and said nothing. Well it's true. To all of you who have responded-Thank you so much. It just makes you feel better that other people can relate. Not to be judgemental-but I called my sister last night to let her know about my condition. Now maybe I am wrong-but she start comparing her knee surgery a year ago to my Brain Tumor. I did not say it-but I thought to myself-Lady I will trade your knee surgery any day for my Brain Tumor. Thanks all for your support. Have a good evening.

okiesandy

Re: 3 Month MRI
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 03:09:54 pm »
Oh boy, you gave me quite a laugh about your sister. My husband actually sat in the radiation oncologist office and told him all about his prostate surgery.

Expect this. When I told a neighbor I had lost all hearing in my AN ear she came back with well I don't hear so well either. She is 94 years old.

Sandy
Cyberknife 1/2006
Clinton Medbery III & Mary K. Gumerlock
St Anthony's Hospital
Oklahoma City, OK
Name of Tumor: Ivan (may he rest in peace)

marystro

Re: 3 Month MRI
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 03:37:04 pm »
That was funny!  The 94 year old lady story.   ;D ;D ;D

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm