Author Topic: hemicrania continua with ear pain and even artery pain on same side?  (Read 5305 times)

Radha

i have hemicrania continua and also get sharp ear pain and even pain can go down into the tender area below ear, the artery in the neck on the same side of the headache, was wondering if any of you also get the terrible ear and artery pain, and does anyone have any idea what causes hemicrania? thanks for any input
radha

Windsong

Re: hemicrania continua with ear pain and even artery pain on same side?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 12:37:17 pm »
Hi,

I get those too... and strangely, the same at times on my non an side...

have any of your docs mentioned arterial spasms or ischemia? just wondering.... or inflammation? i do a lot of guessing , am certainly not a med person...sometimes i guess right lol....

the brain is a mysterious thing....

all the best
windsong

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 03:47:18 pm »
Radha, are you an acoustic neuroma patient? Generally, if anyone on this site has headaches, it is a result of our AN treatment. You can find out "what causes " hemicrania continua by researching it on the internet--we are a support group for acoustic neuroma patients.
Capt Deb
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 03:50:47 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Radha

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:47:59 pm »
no i am not an acoustic neroma patient but just wanted any personal feedback about hemicrania, i have done alot of research, but wanted to hear about personal experiences and didnt know where to go for help, i cant really find what causes these kind of headaches and ear pain and carotid artery pain in neck doesnt seem to the norm so was hoping for some input from those who get hemicrania continua, thanks for any help
radha

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 06:47:19 pm »
Rahda,
Check out http://www.clusterheadaches.com/ a support group for headache sufferers--mostly clusters, which are related to hemicrania continua. Also a woman with the screenic "Janet" has HC, if you find a post of hers click on the little IM button underneath her name and you can send her a personal message and maybe start a dialog with her. If you type hemicrania continua into the search box you will find a theread about her experience, too.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW