Author Topic: ANA Doctors in Ohio for Surgery  (Read 2794 times)

umanagamalla

ANA Doctors in Ohio for Surgery
« on: August 12, 2014, 09:45:19 am »
I am 33 years male living in Dublin, Ohio. I am diagnosed with ANA  (>2.5 CM) and suggested to go for a surgery in a month's time. Can you please share any opinions/suggestions on Hospitals and doctors in OHIO/OSU. Also please help me with any information that helps me.

Thanks
Uma Maheshwar Nagamalla

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: ANA Doctors in Ohio for Surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 12:57:07 pm »
Hi Uma and welcome to this discussion forum .....

You might like to check out this listing from the anausa.org website:

https://www.anausa.org/resources/medical-resources/physicians-directory/47--9/418-physician-directory-by-state

Keep in mind:  "The physicians or organizations listed have self-reported data to meet criteria established by the ANA for having substantial experience in treating acoustic neuromas. The physicians have paid an administrative fee to be listed.  These listings should NOT in any way be construed as an endorsement, referral or recommendation by the ANA. The ANA does NOT make any independent determinations concerning the qualifications of any listed physician or organization.  It is every individual's responsibility to verify the qualifications, education and experience of any healthcare professional."

Many of us went out of state to seek the most experienced/successful in AN removals physicians we could find and/or our insurance would cover.  Please do not rule out going to a doctor that you feel is right for you, but resides in another state.

Best thoughts.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

umanagamalla

Re: ANA Doctors in Ohio for Surgery
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:43 am »
Thanks for the reply. I am scheduled for a surgery with Dr. Dodson in OSU in October. I hope everything goes good.