Author Topic: Breast Cancer and AN at the same time.  (Read 3157 times)

joelparker23

Breast Cancer and AN at the same time.
« on: August 11, 2014, 10:05:13 am »
My wife, age 33, was diagnosed with Triple Positive Breast Cancer back in April.  She had two rounds of chemo (carboplatin and taxotere) and experienced some severe dizziness and vertigo.  While on her first round of chemo, we found out that she had an Acoustic Neuroma.  Prior to her chemo treatment, we had absolutely no clue/signs or symptoms of her having an acoustic neuroma.  She asked to stop the chemo after the second treatment and had a double masectomy.  She has to start chemo again here in a few weeks and we are very nervous that the same thing is going to happen again with the severe dizziness and vertigo.  The chemo will be different this time (AC), but not sure if that will have the same effect or not?  Has anyone out there had a similar experience having to deal with this?

Thank you.

Sheryl

Re: Breast Cancer and AN at the same time.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »
Hi Joel - My "plate" was almost as high ten years ago.  Hubby diagnosed with another type of benign brain tumor (meningioma) and needing surgery, me with breast cancer (had a lumpectomy), and also a prior finding of a 9th cranial nerve neuroma or schwannoma.  We were both bald at the same time - mine due to chemo (A/C) and his due to a craniotomy.  I tolerated the chemo okay but everyone is different and my breast cancer was different - stage 2, highly estrogen and progesterone positive, with no positive lymph nodes.  I did elect to undergo 30 days of radiation too.  I would hope that there would be some medication to offset the chemo side effects for your wife.  I did take an anti-nausea medication.  Hubby has gone on to regrow meningiomas three more times but my brain stem tumor has been basically stable on W&W since 2001. There is a slight possibility that my tumor may be between the 8th (acoustic) and 9th nerves.

My prayers are with you both,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

carlacalvert4

Re: Breast Cancer and AN at the same time.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2022, 02:40:38 pm »
Can you please update the outcome? thank you