Author Topic: Cold feeling in cheek  (Read 46369 times)

mattp

Cold feeling in cheek
« on: July 20, 2014, 10:46:15 pm »
Hey all,

Long time since I've been online, as everything has been going so well.

I've recently begun to experience some cold feelings on the side of my face that was first impacted by the tumor. Has anyone else had this before? The first time I felt it, I actually checked to see if there was water running down my cheek. It's kind of in front of my ear and goes down towards my chin.

Is this something to be concerned about do you think? I've had multiple nerve surgeries since the tumor was (supposedly) all removed, so I suppose it could be something to do with that, but I'm wondering if this is something more sinister.

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks,
Matt
May 2011 - Diagnosed with 5cm+ AN
June 2011 - Surgery performed, 5cm+ FN discovered. Tumor de-bulked, nerve preserved. Facial weakness post-op approx. HB 4, recovered to HB 2.
November 2012 - MRI shows significant growth of tumor.
March 2013 - Tumor completely removed. Complete facial paralysis LHS.

ASG

Re: Cold feeling in cheek
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 10:25:27 pm »
I've had a cold feeling on my cheek every once in a while (and sometimes I feel like my inner ear on the AN side is cold).  I brought it up as one of my symptoms in every one of my consultations and never really got a worthwhile response. I still experience it sometimes post-treatment. Not sure if this helps you in any way, but at least you know you have company.

Adam
2.9 x 2.6 AN left side
GK 9/20/13 w/ Dr. Lunsford @ UPMC

June, 2015: 2.1 x 1.2

JNelson24

Re: Cold feeling in cheek
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 02:50:02 am »
I just found out I have a tumor, but the coldness in my face was one of the symptoms that made me go to the doctor in the first place.  It started with the right side of my tongue feeling numb sometimes, and then the numbness would move around my face.  It's not there all the time - just sometimes.  I also get a cold feeling in various places.  It's not always there either, and it moves around.  I sometimes feel cold in my lips, below my mouth down to my chin, on my right cheek, and sometimes it feel like it's even going behind my right eye.

The best way I can describe it is that I get the same coldness right after the dentist has injected me with novocaine, right before my tongue and cheeks go numb for dental work.  It's not icy cold, but feels like cold liquid is in my veins.