Author Topic: Good AN doctors San Diego  (Read 2614 times)

CS

Good AN doctors San Diego
« on: June 09, 2014, 02:15:39 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I was diagnosed with AN last week... Just started this journey.

Does anyone know good AN doctors?  Thanks.
Diagnosed: 06/04/14
12mm x 6mm x 7mm AN
Seeking best treatment option! :)
09/24/14 Retro-Sigmoid Removal

robertb

Re: Good AN doctors San Diego
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:12:25 pm »
I had my surgery done by Dr.Cueva and Dr.Mastrodimos at Kaiser San Diego. As a team they have done hundreds of AN operations. I thought the whole Kaiser SD neurosurgery staff to be top notch. If you have kaiser insurance I think you would be in great hands. The best of luck going forward. Robertb
"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit".- Mike Tyson 
11mm AN diagnosed Nov. 2012, Severe hearing loss, always dizzy. Gentamicin injections, still dizzy, Translab surgery scheduled 2-27-13

Pamm659

Re: Good AN doctors San Diego
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:15:26 pm »
I too, had surgery (Translab) by Dr. Cueva and Dr. Mastrodimos at Kaiser San Diego March 19, 2014. I was number 647 (I think) and have done very well. I was on a walker for a couple of weeks, on a single point cane for a few weeks and back to work May 22. I did have some blurred vision and  facial weakness which has resolved but still some dizziness which is going to last for a while...I have come to accept. They do surgery Wednesday, ICU that night, to the regular floor Thurs, discharged Fri morning. Quick in, quick out.

I went to the ANA Symposium last summer and the House Doctors had nothing but good things to say about them. I cannot say enough about the post op nursing care I got while there and being a Healthcare Professional, I can be a bit critical.

Anytime I emailed Cueva and Mastrodimos I always had a message back within a few hours, and I felt they were the best surgeons for me.

Set up a Consult and see for yourself. Now, they may be a bit cocky, a bit arrogant and a bit confident but very skilled and well respected in their field. But when you are under general anesthesia, the one thing you want is skill.

Best of luck and do your research. It will pay off later.