Author Topic: Where to stay in LA for surgery at USC?  (Read 3712 times)

Alexander7

Where to stay in LA for surgery at USC?
« on: July 04, 2014, 10:47:18 am »
This is my first post but have found this site incredibly helpful while researching my options. I was diagnosed with a tiny, 3 mm Intralabrynthine schwannoma in 2010. My most recent MRI showed growth to 4.5 mm. I am at peace with my decision to have surgery to have it removed before it spreads. However I am considering surgery with Dr. Friedman this fall at USC but feel overwhelmed with finding an affordable place to stay in the area. We will be flying in from Arkansas and will need to be there over a week. Any suggestions from those who have been there or who live in the area would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

wsflyer

Re: Where to stay in LA for surgery at USC?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 05:13:18 pm »
I had surgery at USC in March. 

They have a list of hotels they can provide, however being LA, all are somewhat expensive.

I stayed in Pasadena and used hotel points I had accumulated for post surgical stay. 

I would suggest looking outside of the immediate LA area, it may be somewhat less expensive. 
You can also look at renting an apartment or house for a week or two.

Good Luck.
2.0 AN -Right side

Diagnosed (incidental-no symptoms on AN side) early Feb 2014

Retrisigmoid at USC Dr Friedman/Dr G 3/18/14
Normal Hearing/ No facial paralysis

Mollyo

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 03:22:56 pm »
I had my surgery at USC with Dr. Friedman/Gionnatta last month and we stayed in Pasadena also. Some of the hotels in the area will give you a special rate if you let them know you are a patient at USC.  Good luck! You will be in great hands with amazing drs.
1.9 cm left side
Surgery scheduled at USC dr Friedman/gionatta june 10
Retro sigmoid

rbc892

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 04:06:37 pm »
Hello Mollyo
i was wondering what type of surgical approach did Friedman/ Gionatta do on you. Freidman wants to do retro sigmoid on me and I am nervous about headaches post op. How are you feeling after the surgery?

Joe_L

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:45 pm »
I found 3 different places to stay in Silverlake, Pasadena, and Malibu on VRBO last month when I had surgery with Dr. Friedman / Giannotta.
5/29/2013 4.8 cm retrosigmoid tumor debulk (Dr. Maurer-Rochester, NY)
4/29/2014 retrosigmoid surgery to fenestrate cyst (Maurer)
5/23/2014 translab removed tumor and cyst grown to around 6.5 cm (Friedman/Giannotta)