Author Topic: Eye coordination/teaming issues  (Read 4486 times)

saccadiceye

Eye coordination/teaming issues
« on: May 23, 2014, 10:28:22 pm »
Has anyone experienced issues relating to eye coordination, namely eye convergence? I wake up every morning with this issue. My left eye doesn't seem to want to be paired w/ the right.

Thanks,
Cerebellar lesion removed late-Feb 2013
Age 22

alex mosson

Re: Eye coordination/teaming issues
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 08:56:52 pm »
Yes, after rinsing and cleaning my eye, my left eye focuses much more slowly than my right eye
Vision is blurred.
The first 3 months after surgery the eye would not converge, then one day It just drifted over and I got a single image again

carjon0

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 11:59:06 am »
This may be a variation on a theme, but I haven't driven since I had GK, because I couldn't look around as you need to do when you drive.
Last month I was able to, but I had no distance perception on the left - same side as my AN. I hesitate to admit that I couldn't park, in a space that could have taken a truck, but I had no idea of how much space there was, nor how to get into it. driving at home, I nearly scraped the car on a wall, again, on the left.
Oddly enough, the complete inability to judge the space had the same feeling I now have if I lose my balance and fall - I have NO idea now how to catch my balance, I just fall like a plank.

Does this ring bells with anyone else??

:)

spiderwebb72

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 12:40:14 pm »
I have had the same problem with driving. And my balance is pretty terrible too like yours. I avoid driving at all costs. I just don't feel safe not being able to see properly. Plus I am also not able to blink my left eye so it gets really dried out trying to drive.
Does anyone else have the problem that they can only close their bad eye if you also close your good one? I literally cannot close my left eye without closing my right. Cant drive with both eyes closed!

bethtretrault

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:12:08 pm »
Has everyone with these issues had a treatment of some sort?
beth
12/2013 5mmx4mmx4mm left
tinnitus, w&w
5/2015 7mm-louder tinnitus, occasional dizziness
retro sigmoid 11/2015

carjon0

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 03:24:35 pm »
Dear Spiderwebb72,

I can close one eye if I'm sitting down, or holding on to something! Otherwise it's plank time, although it's much better than it was a year ago, when I couldn't stand with my arms folded without tipping over, so there's a huge improvement.......just taking a looooong time.

8)