Author Topic: Stanford CyberKnife  (Read 3005 times)

john1455

Stanford CyberKnife
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:18:33 am »
I have posted this link to help those who have chosen CyberKnife as their treatment choice. The anausa.org website emphasizes the amount of experience as an important selection criteria and this link provides the amount of experience Stanford has in CyberKnife:

http://stanfordhospital.org/clinicsmedServices/COE/cyberknife/history.html

Diagnosed with 19x16x19mm cystic AN right side on 7/2013
MRI on 3/2014 showed AN increased to 21x20mm
right side 70% hearing loss, tinnitus, balance issues
CK at Stanford completed 3/21/2014 (3 sessions)
Dr Steven Chang and Dr Iris Gibbs

rbc892

Re: Stanford CyberKnife
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 03:01:19 pm »
Hi John, how are you doing since the cyberknife with Dr. Chang? I am concerned about this option for myself because the balance issues and after effects seem daunting. I am interested in how you are doing.

john1455

Re: Stanford CyberKnife
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:15:27 am »
rbc892,

I feel basically the same as before my CK treatment. The only new symptom I have now that I never had before is slight vertigo on some days. I have noticed that my tinnitus has gotten worse but I have learned to ignore it for so long that it is not a problem for me. My tinnitus varies from day to day and it only becomes louder occasionally. Prior to CK I had slight balance problems and that has not changed, it neither got better nor worse. I had read that swelling due to the radiation usually starts after 2 months and may continue for up to 2 years. I am in my 4th month post CK and I do not feel significantly different than before CK. My main reason in choosing CK was its minimal impact on the quality of life compared to microsurgery. So far that is exactly what has happened. My everyday activities and lifestyle has been minimally affected.
Diagnosed with 19x16x19mm cystic AN right side on 7/2013
MRI on 3/2014 showed AN increased to 21x20mm
right side 70% hearing loss, tinnitus, balance issues
CK at Stanford completed 3/21/2014 (3 sessions)
Dr Steven Chang and Dr Iris Gibbs