Author Topic: my husband has a question  (Read 4571 times)

william5822

my husband has a question
« on: May 05, 2014, 04:34:26 am »
He is, as of this past saturday, 5 months post-op.
He had done really, really well with the balance issues. I've been super proud of him.
He did ask me yesterday to come here and see if anyone has experienced this before:
He has left side facial paralysis. We are hoping and praying it comes back. Right now he can feel some tingling (like it has been asleep). Several times in the last week his face will get to tingling or feeling funny and then he gets really dizzy for a moment. He is wanting to know if the two are combined by chance? I wouldn't see as it would be but I'm not a professional...lol.
Has anyone experienced the dizziness with the facial nerve recovery before?
3 cm AN removed 12.3.13 - 12 hours in surgery
Emory Healthcare Midtown Atlanta
Left Side facial paralysis - intact facial nerve
1.31.14 - Gold weight implant and tarsal flap
2.17.14 RETURNED to work :)
10.6.14 - 10 month MRI shows stable

CatzEyes

• are we having fun yet?
    • Art for Art's Sake Gallery
Re: my husband has a question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 08:40:55 am »
Hi William5822's family --
Good to hear your husband's balance is improving. Given the number of views but few answers your post is finding on this forum, I might suggest you re-post under Facial Issues and see if that pool of readers has experiences they can share with you.
Best of luck,
Laura
Middle Fossa surgery at Swedish, Seattle, Drs Delashaw and Bacchus, 5/5/14. Retained 98% hearing in surgical ear after 6 months recovery time.
diagnosed 3/15/14 :: 6mm x 4mm x 3mm AN in right ear.
mother diagnosed 3/2005 8mm; gamma knife 2007 at 14mm. some regrowth, pressing balance nerve, by 2012

Everyone1226

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:03:21 pm »
I am 3 months post op and do have facial weakness, my face does tingle now and then but within the past week I have been dizzy all day long.  I am ok when I get up in the am but within 1 hour my head feels like it is spinning.  I am awaiting a decision from my doctor.  they are presently treating me for vertigo and I am on meclizine but it has not helped so far, today is day 5.  As of the end of April I was doing ok, had almost finished vestibular PT and felt better until about a week and 1/2 ago. 

william5822

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 04:31:49 am »
Thank you I will repost.

everyone1226 I hope everything is working out good for you this week
3 cm AN removed 12.3.13 - 12 hours in surgery
Emory Healthcare Midtown Atlanta
Left Side facial paralysis - intact facial nerve
1.31.14 - Gold weight implant and tarsal flap
2.17.14 RETURNED to work :)
10.6.14 - 10 month MRI shows stable

Everyone1226

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 04:50:09 am »
Thank you, I have an MRI and another hearing test this am.  The steroids did not take away the dizziness but I think they might have lessened it a little.