Author Topic: Walk4Hearing  (Read 4622 times)

MusicTracy

Walk4Hearing
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »
As I have posted previously, I was just diagnosed last July and received Gamma Knife on August 30th.  During this time I reconnected with a friend who has dealt with hearing loss her entire life.  She encouraged me to participate in the Pennsylvania Walk4Hearing last September.  This year I have joined the PA walk committee.  In so doing, we have entered into al Alliance agreement with ANA.  40% on the proceeds raised by Team ANA in PA and Acoustic Neuroma California will go to ANA. 

I ask all of you out there to join this very worthy cause.  As you know, most of us suffer from mild to complete hearing loss.  Along with ANA, the Hearing Loss Association of America helped me come to terms with my hearing loss and proceed with the BAHA procedure on May 16th.  I am a music therapist who works with children and adults with developmental disabilities as such my hearing is very important to me. 

If you are interested in joining or supporting either team here are the links.

Team ANA - Pennsylvania (Tracy Perry Captain)
http://hlaa.convio.net/site/TR/Teamraiser/PennsylvaniaWalk?px=1626950&pg=personal&fr_id=2210

Acoustic Neuroma California
http://hlaa.convio.net/site/TR/Teamraiser/LongBeachWalk?team_id=34000&pg=team&fr_id=2208

Please help us spread awareness about this rare cause of hearing loss.  There are walks all over the United States if you are interested in starting a team feel free to contact me and I can answer any questions you may have.  I am fortunate enough to have the national coordinator of all the walks in my backyard.  Thank you.

Tracy Perry
7/16/2013 diagnosed with AN in the internal auditory canal
8/30/2013 gamma knife treatment
12/31/2013 developed hemifacial spasms
5/16/2014 BAHA surgery canceled because health insurance would not cover.  Now working with OVR.

MusicTracy

Re: Walk4Hearing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 06:23:21 am »
Come out and support the Acoustic Neuroma Team June 1, 2014 in Long Branch California.  If you are interested in joining Shayla and her team feel free to private message me and I will pass along her contact information. 

You can also join the team by following this link
http://hlaa.convio.net/site/TR/Teamraiser/LongBeachWalk?team_id=34000&pg=team&fr_id=2208

Let's spread more awareness about Acoustic Neuromas.  As stated above 40% of the money made will go to ANA.

If you are interested in joining any of the other walks or starting your own team please contact me.

The PA walk is in October.  Please send me a message or join the team if you are interested at the following link,

http://hlaa.convio.net/site/TR/Teamraiser/PennsylvaniaWalk?team_id=34139&pg=team&fr_id=2210

5/16/2014 BAHA surgery canceled because health insurance would not cover.  Now working with OVR.

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:51:47 am »
Dear Tracy,

I live in NYC (Staten Island specifically), while I am not able to participate could you please send me links as to how I might organize or give inspiration to my local NYC chapter to participate in  Central Park walk?

Thanks loads.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

MusicTracy

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 07:33:52 pm »
Mike

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.

Visit www.walk4hearing.org and click on find a walk

The NYC walk is September 28th

Email me and I can give you more details

Tracy

*Note: I removed your email address for privacy concerns.  You can use the private message function to share an email address for more security.  Clarice
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 06:04:09 am by CHD63 »