Author Topic: Starting my appeal...  (Read 6307 times)

arcticrose

Starting my appeal...
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:58:56 pm »
I was of course denied coverage for hearing aids and am now starting my appeal.  Any advice will be graciously appreciated.  My audiologist has written a letter for me. Who else do I ask. I am writing my own letter of course. When asked what I needed to do to appeal they told me letters/reports and then it will go before the board. I have the opportunity to attend if I want...should I?  Thanks in advance!   Nancy in Alaska
4mm x 8mm right side AN found 10/30/11
imbalance, ringing and fullness in ear
CK 3/16/12 San Diego Dr. D. Smith

terisandler

• Radical Mystic
Re: Starting my appeal...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:31:46 pm »
Good luck!  I hope you get positive results.  Are you completely deaf in your AN ear?  How is the hearing in your left ear?  The final word from my appeal is that they only cover cochlear implants for the totally deaf. 
3/25/13- dx 18x11x14 mm AN, hearing loss in right ear x 5+ years, 5 sessions of CK completed May 2013, now a "post toastie".  Follow up MRI 4/14/14 - 15x19x11 mm. Stable with some signs of necrosis.
 Yippee!

arcticrose

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:52:36 pm »
no, not totally deaf.  Have to give it a try though....
Thanks!!

WiscWahe

• Wait and watch ...
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:32:12 am »
Good luck for your appeal. We had to go before a board for a procedure our son needed. We went to the hearing because it made us feel like we were being advocates for our cause and to be part of the process.

Good luck and best wishes.

Stefan
---------------------------------------
3mm AN Growth Detected May 2013
No growth as of Nov 2013
Significant hearing loss in Non-AN Ear
W&W bit considering Middle Fossa

cristakelley

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 02:27:47 am »
If you have your coverage policy information on hearing aids. I would quote that in the appeal.  I won my appeal for hearing aids even though our insurance policy stated they did not cover hearing aid(s). The reason I won was due to the wording of why hearing aids was not covered.  Won my appeal on first try.... :)  Please let me know if I can help.

arcticrose

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 12:33:18 pm »
Thank you all for your help, unfortunately I was still denied. I fought the good fight and feel good about it.   Go in today to get my hearing aid...at my cost!  Hugs and good luck all!