Author Topic: T I N N I T U S ! ! !  (Read 3251 times)

thedales7

T I N N I T U S ! ! !
« on: October 15, 2013, 04:34:59 am »
Please forgive the redundant post but I don't have the patience to sit and read through hundreds of posts!  I was wondering if anyone has tried any treatment or supplement or any of those crazy gadgets out there to reduce their tinnitus?  If so,  what was your experience?
3mm? (I was in such shock i can't remember! )intracochlear AN/ intralabyrintnine schwannoma right ear
60% low and mid frequency hearing loss
Watch and wait

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: T I N N I T U S ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 08:02:22 am »
Hi thedales7 .....

I fully understand about the patience to read through hundreds of posts!!

In a nutshell, I never had tinnitus until after my first AN surgery in 2008.  Woke up from surgery with loud roaring in my AN ear.  Sorry to say, it has not changed.  A couple of years ago I realized I was perceiving it in my non-AN ear as well.  Oh joy!!

A couple of things that have helped me (not eliminated it, mind you):

1) reducing the amount of caffeine I consume (eliminating coffee all together would probably be even better!)
2) taking yoga to learn meditation, which brings calming and refocusing for me
3) making a concerted effort to go to bed at the same time each night and awaking at the same time
4) exercising on a regular basis
5) using under pillow speakers attached to a sound machine during sleep (I do not use this all of the time anymore, but I feel like my brain finally was able to reduce the level as I have learned to relax more quickly to go to sleep.)

Hope that helps some.  Let us know.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: T I N N I T U S ! ! !
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 08:55:50 am »
Please forgive the redundant post but I don't have the patience to sit and read through hundreds of posts!  I was wondering if anyone has tried any treatment or supplement or any of those crazy gadgets out there to reduce their tinnitus?  If so,  what was your experience?

I can't help you with reducing your tinnitus because I have a very mild form that I hardly notice and easily ignore.

But I can help you avoid reading hundreds of posts.

There's a search feature at the upper right hand corner of this page. Put in tinnitus and click search and it'll bring up posts addressing tinnitus. You can read as few or as many as you like but you shouldn't have to read hundreds.

You'll get better information that way than from a few responses here.

You might also check out the American Tinnitus Association:

http://www.ata.org/
3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0