Author Topic: New USC Acoustic Neuroma Center in Los Angeles  (Read 12906 times)

movinguy

Re: New USC Acoustic Neuroma Center in Los Angeles
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 10:45:19 am »

I left USC feeling very positive - but like a lot of people, I suppose, I'm optimistic and scared s***less at the same time.  :)

Hello,

I was skimming the posts and just had to comment, I have a Middle Fossa surgery scheduled on 12/10 with Dr. Friedman and Dr. Giannotta, so we will be at USC/Keck at the same time! I think what you said was perfect, I feel confident and optimistic but am still nervous at the same time.

Good luck to you Little_Bear - hopefully we will both be smiling over some mushy hospital food soon.  :)

Little_Bear

• Be extraordinary
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 04:00:22 am »
Hello,

I just wanted to post about the results from my Middle Fossa surgery that was performed on December 10th, 2013, at Keck Medical Center USC. My tumor was removed completely, I have no facial issues, and my hearing was preserved 100%. My procedure with Dr. Friedman/Dr. Giannotta, gave me my life back. I feel this new Acoustic Neuroma Center at USC, is the new first choice, go to medical facility, that will treat AN's for the best possible outcome.

Movinguy, I hope everything went well for you as well.

-Frankie

movinguy

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 05:40:43 pm »
Sorry for the delayed reply Frankie -

I also had very good results with retrosigmoid at USC.  Were not able to preserve my hearing, but I have no facial issues and balance/dizziness problems are mild and improving.  Removal was complete and regrowth extremely unlikely.  Was out of the hospital in 3 days and back to work in a month (and I'm more than twice your age)  8) 

Tinnitus is probably the biggest ongoing issue and seems to affect just about everyone - my wife wants me to try acupuncture.  Can't hurt, I suppose . . .