Author Topic: A Special request for the Prayer Warriors for Rich 8/19/2013  (Read 5582 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
A Special request for the Prayer Warriors for Rich 8/19/2013
« on: August 19, 2013, 02:50:18 pm »
Dear friends on the ANA forum,

Today, I have a special request to make of you to become a Prayer Warrior or think of one who is troubled over what to do!

My friend Rich is troubled because he wants to have his AN removed but he is having trouble deciding who will remove it (he has pretty much decided on who).

Remember when we were all there? Before our operations or procedures? It is a time fraught with worry and lack of sleep (at least it was for me).
We can help him get over this hump through a deep concentrated prayer!

Please folks say a prayer for him and if you do not pray you can light a candle for him or send good thoughts in his direction. He has confided in me that he is scared of what the results might be. Haven't we all been there? Excepting of course those who are still watching and waiting?

I have done my best to assure him that with the proper research done with the assistance of this website and the support of the forum members that he now was at that critical stage that most of us have gone through that of deciding which procedure and whom to do it with.

As always I have asked his permission before coming to you. He is a member of the NYC Group meetings.

Please ask for God to give him guidance and direction as he makes his decision. He is soooooo close!

I ask you because PRAYER WORKS! It has for me and for all of you who have benefited from being prayed for.

Pray for Rich's strength and faith that all will be well if he just Lets Go and Lets God! As he goes forward and pray for his recovery as well.

He has done his research, I think he is all set!

As always in making this earnest request, all that I'm asking is that you take a few moments and pray in the way that you are most comfortable with.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: A Special request for the Prayer Warriors for Rich 8/19/2013
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 03:35:21 pm »
Mike ~

In response to this post and your PM I want to assure you that your friend Rich is in my prayers.  I will pray that he finds the faith to put his trust in God to bring him through the surgery, no matter the doctor or facility, and the faith that God will give him whatever strength he might require should he have any post-op issues.  We all know that a positive attitude is beneficial in these trying situations and how difficult keeping that attitude can be.  Spiritual faith is a tremendous asset in many ways and if Rich will lean on his faith, he'll be much comforted.   

Thanks for posting this on Rich's behalf.  You're a good friend.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:20:19 pm »
Mike

It is my opinion that without faith we have nothing.  I am more than happy to add your friend to my prayer list.  I wish him a speedy recovery.

TJ

MDemisay

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 11:06:32 am »
Many thanks Jim and TJ,

Is there a way that I could get the word to more people? with a more general posting in another section?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 02:39:51 pm »
Is there a way that I could get the word to more people? with a more general posting in another section?

Mike ~

The AN Community forum has a wide readership and is the logical place for something such as a prayer request. 

Our other forums are specific to various acoustic neuroma issues and it wouldn't be fair to utilize that space for a prayer request that has already been posted in another forum.  This is why our posting rules preclude posting basically the same message in multiple forums.

I'm sure Rich would understand and I trust that you will, too.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

terisandler

• Radical Mystic
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 05:57:45 pm »
There are several Facebook groups devoted to Those of us who have or support somebody with an AN.  If you or Rich have FB accounts, these groups are additional resources for support and prayer.
3/25/13- dx 18x11x14 mm AN, hearing loss in right ear x 5+ years, 5 sessions of CK completed May 2013, now a "post toastie".  Follow up MRI 4/14/14 - 15x19x11 mm. Stable with some signs of necrosis.
 Yippee!

nftwoed

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 07:00:48 pm »
Jim;

Through the years I've learned it's one thing to say one will pray, and quite another to actually pray online. The latter will upset someone.
   I'm assuming Judeo/Christian belief here, but some are offended at the idea of prayer as are athiest. Another might be Muslim, etc. and really not into praying to whom a Christian pt. would hope for, or, vice versa.

Mike ~

The AN Community forum has a wide readership and is the logical place for something such as a prayer request. 

Our other forums are specific to various acoustic neuroma issues and it wouldn't be fair to utilize that space for a prayer request that has already been posted in another forum.  This is why our posting rules preclude posting basically the same message in multiple forums.

I'm sure Rich would understand and I trust that you will, too.

Jim

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 06:19:14 am »
We keep Rich in thoughts and send wellness wishes for a speedy recovery.

We note that people will share their wellness wishes in their own comfortable way with their own comfort levels.  As this is a public, discussion forum, we also ask that we remind ourselves who is the "audience" of this forum and what we write needs to remain respectable to all users of this forum.

Mike, please keep us updated for Rich's progress. You can let him know many are cheering him on for good health.

Nuff said.
Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MDemisay

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 10:03:12 am »
To All,

Thank you for your prayers and good wishes, they are always appreciated and he has asked me to thank you. I will keep you appraised should I hear anything further!

Mike