Author Topic: Any surgeons that accept kaiser permanente insurance  (Read 6926 times)

lisa tuttle

Any surgeons that accept kaiser permanente insurance
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:28:44 am »
I have Kaiser permenante insurance and I am having a hard time finding a surgeon that accepts this insurance.  And I will NOT have one of their surgeons do the operation because they are not good at all and have several law suits against them.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

john1455

Re: Any surgeons that accept kaiser permanente insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 03:44:29 pm »
Unfortunately, if you have Kaiser insurance, you must use one of their surgeons or pay for any costs out of pocket. That is just the way the system works. The only exception is when Kaiser is unable to treat a specific condition, then you can be referred out of network.
Diagnosed with 19x16x19mm cystic AN right side on 7/2013
MRI on 3/2014 showed AN increased to 21x20mm
right side 70% hearing loss, tinnitus, balance issues
CK at Stanford completed 3/21/2014 (3 sessions)
Dr Steven Chang and Dr Iris Gibbs

califmom

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 10:03:18 pm »
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your condition. The best Dr.'s are Dr. Freidman/Gianotta at Keck USC and Dr.Slattery/Schwartz at HEI. If you can wait a few months(depending on your diagnosis) then you can switch insurance to any other company PPO on Jan 1, 2015 and do your surgery where ever you want.

cpchri1

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:33:19 am »
Lisa -  I have just the person you want to see.  He was my primary surgeon at House in LA (February 2014).  But he has a young family and recently relocated to Kaiser Pemanente, Portland, OR area, to get out of the LA area.  It was a big loss for House.  His name is Dr. John C. Goddard and he is very knowledgeable of acoustic neuromas and a very kind and caring person.  It would be worth every penny to travel there to at least get a consultation from him (have your local doctor look him up and make the arrangements to visit him).  Here is the direct link:
https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/care/!ut/p/a0/FchBCoMwEAXQs_QA8iEile666gG6qMnuMyMa2smEIIK3ry7fQ8KEVLjnhVv2wt_paEenLpu3hx6FlgUfJKRvfc9ssiK-XJVNr6yNixGxeCeUdb4uK-JwD6EPAdVs7O15-wOJqv-w/

Here is his address in case the link changes:

Otolaryngology Department
9900 Se Sunnyside Rd
Clackamas, OR 97015

My Best to you, Craig
.7 x .6 x .5 cm left middle fossa approach 2/26/14
50% hearing loss left side before 2/26/14
50% hearing loss left side after 2/26/14
No evidence of malignancy
Bell's Palsy left side 15 years before 2014