Author Topic: Dr. Ian Storper - NY Head and Neck Institute at Lenox Hill Hospital  (Read 3752 times)

Chances3

Hi All,

It's been a long time since I started my own post.  After almost three years of a frustrated post operative recovery, I have decided to seek out a second opinion.  Does anyone know Dr. Storper ?

Thanks VM.

v357139

Re: Dr. Ian Storper - NY Head and Neck Institute at Lenox Hill Hospital
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:27:23 pm »
I think Dr Storper used to work with Sisti at Columbia Pres.  I think he operated with Sisti on Mandy's husband.  I know another woman who had Sisti who had bad balance problems that would not go away.  She said it turned out to be a problem on the other side, not the AN side.  She said there was a neurologist in NJ who found it out for her.  PM me if you want and I will get you in touch with her.
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

mandy721

Re: Dr. Ian Storper - NY Head and Neck Institute at Lenox Hill Hospital
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »
Hi,
I just saw your post about Dr. Storper. He diagnosed my husband's AN and was part of the surgical team when Ken had retrosigmoid at Columbia.   Ken would be happy to talk to you about his experience.  I will send you a PM with contact information. 
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems