Author Topic: Dr.Dogan OHSU  (Read 3995 times)

BoedyGirl

Dr.Dogan OHSU
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:23:26 pm »
Hi Everyone

Has anyone had Dr. Dogan from Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, OR? I have surgery in about 5 weeks with him and would love to hear from anyone else who has had surgery from him.

Thanks

mandy721

Re: Dr.Dogan OHSU
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 11:57:55 am »
Hi,
I know of someone who had very successful surgery at OHSU a few years ago.  I don't think she is on the boards anymore, but will see if I can get in touch with her and find out who her surgeon was. 
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

BoedyGirl

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 03:51:35 pm »
Thank you!

mandy721

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 09:52:22 pm »
Hi,

I heard back from the person who had surgery at OHSU.  Both of her surgeons, Dr. Delashaw and Dr. McMenomy, are no longer at OHSU. She speaks very highly of both of them and thinks that if Dogan trained with them, he is probably very good. 
Have you been in touch with the Acoustic Neuroma Support Group in Portland?  One of the leaders might know more about Dr. Dogan. 

Miranda
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

It is what it is

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 01:31:16 pm »
Hi,  I am also from Oregon and know two people who had surgery with the team of doctors who have since left OHSU, so I can't help with information on your surgeon.  Let me know if you have other questions or want to connect.  Warmly,  Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.