Author Topic: AN doctors in the Carolinas  (Read 11964 times)

becknell

AN doctors in the Carolinas
« on: June 02, 2005, 08:08:27 am »
My husband has been diagnosed with a 3 cm AN and we are looking for a surgeon. We have a consult with Dr. Adamson in Charlotte. His office says he has done 250 to 300 AN surgeries. We think we will seek a second option regardless of what he tells  us. Any information on him or other docs in this region that we should speak with?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 08:14:05 pm by becknell »

h1004

Re: AN doctors in the Carolinas
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 09:49:48 am »
My husband has been diagnosed with a 3 cm AN and we are looking for a surgeon. We have a consult with Dr. Adamson at Carolina Neurosurgical Associates in Charlotte. His office says he has done 250 to 300 AN surgeries. We think we will seek a second option regardless of what he tells  us. Any information on him or other docs in this region that we should speak with?
My husband also has been diagnosed with 1cm and seeing dr.Tucci at duke medical

h1004

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 10:08:30 am »
tell you the truth i really don't know much about her  only seen her 2 times. i got her from web and know her she is speciallize in AN team up with dr.sampson. we are going to see her tomorrow again  if i find more info. l will let you know.

mdbrooks

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 01:10:11 am »
My husband has been diagnosed with a 3 cm AN and we are looking for a surgeon. We have a consult with Dr. Adamson in Charlotte. His office says he has done 250 to 300 AN surgeries. We think we will seek a second option regardless of what he tells  us. Any information on him or other docs in this region that we should speak with?
Dr. Adamson removed my tumor back in May. I think he is wonderful !  I'm going  for a 6 month MRI this week, and my insurance has changed since I saw Dr. Adamson last and now my insurance won't cover him b/c he's out of network.  I'm in GA.  That just makes me sick !
But YES Dr. Adamson is a good one !  He knows his stuff.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 05:44:21 pm »
Dr. Adamson removed my tumor back in May. I think he is wonderful !  I'm going  for a 6 month MRI this week, and my insurance has changed since I saw Dr. Adamson last and now my insurance won't cover him b/c he's out of network.  I'm in GA.  That just makes me sick !
But YES Dr. Adamson is a good one !  He knows his stuff.

md... who are you following up with in Atlanta? Over at Emory University?  Great team at Emory....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

jfl

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:21:40 pm »
Hi, I lived in Charlotte NC for about 3 yrs. I had a 2.6cm AN and although it was removed in NY (all my fam lives up here) I needed to find a neurosurgeon in NC for f/u appts etc. I found an excellent surgeon in charlotte. His name is Craig VanderVeer. He is very good and very professional...he and the surgeons in NY knew each other which made the transition easier. He performed a post op surgery for me about 6 months after my initial surgery. I was very pleased...I liked him a  lot. I highly recommend him. His office is Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine Assoc. located at  1010 Edgehill Rd N
Charlotte, NC 28207. I'm sorry, I don't remember the phone #. I don't know Dr. Adamson, so I do not have any info on him.

Good luck!
Jill

michael

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 06:33:55 pm »
My AN was smaller and I was able to have Gamma Knife in place of surgery. I had a very good experience with doctors at Bowman Gray/Baptist Hospital. My Radiation/Oncologist is Dr. Ed Shaw, on staff at Wake Forest Med School and was great to work with. I had no previous experence with hospitals or Wake Forest but feel that things could not have been better. I spoke with Dr. Brackman in Ca. at the House Clinic and was very impresessed with him on the phone. I was seriously considering making the trip there just due to the amount of surgeries they preform. I just felt that my better option was radiation. MY AN was only 11 MM, every situation is different I know.
I am 20 minutes from Charlotte, let me know if there is anything I can do.

Michael
11 MM AN - Gamma Knife 4/2004 - Wake Forest/Baptist Hospital - North Carolina, Dr. Ed Shaw