Author Topic: 5 yr post CK update  (Read 2368 times)

goinbatty

5 yr post CK update
« on: May 31, 2013, 05:07:04 pm »
Hi to all,
I haven't visited here in awhile but wanted to update you.  Just had my 5 yr post CK checkup.  Audiogram puts me into the moderate hearing loss range with the good side not far behind the AN side.  No doubt from overuse because my job is phone/internet based.  Tinnitus is a bit worse but tolerable most of the time.  I went for a hearing aid evaluation and Resound Verso was recommended for both ears.  The AN side is sensitive to loud sounds as always.  Still not sure if I'm going to go that route yet mainly because of the expense.  I may also go for a second opinion.  I always said that I would know when it was time for hearing aids when I had to ask others to keep repeating things and to turn the TV up.  I know how irritating that can be for others from having experienced that with my father who never wore his.  MRI is stable at 8mm.  Naturally I was hoping that alien would shrink a little more but as long as it doesn't grow, all is well.  What freaked me out a bit is that last yr and this MRI noted possible minimal chronic microischemic changes.  I don't have the risk factors associated with ischemic changes such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol.  From what I've read, radiation can cause that.  Either way, I'm going to put it out of my mind.  This year has been stressful to put it mildly.  My mother-in-law recently passed away from cancer and my father's dementia seems to get worse by the day.  But I truly feel blessed.  I hope you all are doing well.  If anyone has any advice re hearing aids, it would certainly be appreciated. 
Take care,
Sandra
1/2007 - 6 x 4.5 mm AN
8/2007 - 9 x 6 mm
CK at Georgetown 1/7/08-1/11/08; Dr. Gagnon
3/2008 - 10 x 7 mm
7/2008 - 9 x 10 x 6 mm (NECROTIC CENTER!!!!!)
5/2009 - no change/stable
4/2010 - 10 x 7 x 6 mm; stable/no change
5/2011 - 10 x 7; stable/no change
6/2012 - 8.1 x 7 mm
4/2014 - stable/no change