Author Topic: Doctors at UC in Cincinnati  (Read 2587 times)

Dorry

Doctors at UC in Cincinnati
« on: April 28, 2013, 12:40:58 pm »
Anyone out there have any experience with treatment for AN in Ohio. I am newly diagnosed with a small tumor, at this time leaning toward surgery. I have lost some hearing in the affected ear. I'm 68 years old, never had any surgeries. All the information I've recieved from the ANA has been a blessing. I've seen one of the doctors at UC who is on the ANA list. It would be helpful to hear from someone who has been treated in Ohio. Thanks to all of you out there with all the help you provide to those of us just beginning this journey.

MNTim

Re: Doctors at UC in Cincinnati
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 07:59:16 pm »
Dorry,
I am with you on the hearing loss and not ever having had a surgery prior to my diagnosis. I was not treated by the Drs at UC but have heard great things. Sounds like they know acoustics well, which I am sure you have learned is very important when considering a doctor. Also they were very active in the ANA symposium held in Cincinnati last summer. I believe one of my surgeons at Mayo spent some time working at UC. If I lived in Ohio that is probably where I would go for treatment.

Best of luck
8/31/09 hydrocephulus-emergent drain
9/2/09 5 cm AN debulked, Retro Sig Abbott NW
5/18/10 Second debulk, Retro Sig Abbott NW
1/31/11 Translab, 7/12 Graft Mayo Rochester, MN
2/12/11 Lumbar drain
3/14/11 Eustacian tube packing procedure for CSF leak
2/28/13 Platinum weight & Tarsorrhaphy