Author Topic: Eye Drops  (Read 4186 times)

sharone143

Eye Drops
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:59:14 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good eye drop for day use?  I'm using Refresh but my eyes still dry out frequently. 
Thanks!

ewchisek

Re: Eye Drops
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:15:46 pm »
I recently just started refresh 'cellulosic'. I like them a lot. I can go longer in between and my eye feels great. If I'm home I still put drops in every hr or whenever I think about it, but with these new drops I can go out of my house for a few hours and am fine.

sharone143

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:16:38 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I tried looking it up and couldn't find refresh cellulosic.
Is this something similar?
http://www.drugstore.com/refresh-celluvisc-lubricant-eye-drops-single-use-containers/qxp12297?catid=184392

Jill Marie

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »
Hi Sharone,

I don't know what part of the country you live in but if you are in the west and have a Costco near you, you might want to check them out for the drops.  They have the Refresh single vials, 100 of them for $20. at the Costco I go to in WA.  Good luck!  Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

PamJ

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 05:45:36 am »
Hylo Forte are excellent especially if you wear contact lenses
March 2011 - Acoustic Neuroma translab surgery
July    2011 - Tarsorrhaphy surgery
June   2012 - BAHA abutment surgery
July    2012 - Tarsorrhapy reversed
Sept   2012 - BAHA (Pronto Pro) fitted
Sept   2013 - Diplopia Surgery
April   2014 - Platinum chain surgery

ewchisek

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59:49 am »
Yes! What you looked up is what I'm using! They are single doses and pricey, but work! I plan to get my eye kind of under control and hopefully alternate with these and artificial tears and of course refresh pm. I bought non prescription glasses also (cause my eyes are perfect) to help with the air getting to my dry eye. I also bought sunglasses (100$) from dry eye.com that are PERFECT for my eyes outside!! They are kind of ugly, but I don't care cause I can watch my sons soccer game without having eye issues!!!! Oh, I also had my dr put in a punctual plug.

martyc

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 08:42:37 pm »
Refresh Celluvisc is what you are looking for.  Make sure they are "celluvisc" as the regular refresh are not thick enough for eyes like ours.  Online is pharmapak.com and they have them with a 5% discount.  You can buy in large quantities which helps from having to make trips to the store.  As soon as I get home I use refresh PM ointment.  Hope that helps.
Marty
Marty