Author Topic: "Lucky 7's" ANniversary  (Read 3042 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
"Lucky 7's" ANniversary
« on: April 03, 2013, 04:37:20 am »
Ya know, as time as moved along for me, this time of year comes around and my focus becomes more and more on other things in my life (ie: work, family, etc)..... then.... it hits me.  I see the first week of April..... most importantly, April 3.... and it hits me.... OMG!  :o   How long since my AN treatment?  So, I sit back, figure out the year (2006) and then start counting on my fingers to the current year..... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6........ wow, 7 years since my CK treatment!  I sit back, think about that timeframe..... my best friend driving me into Boston each day.... the music piped in during my treatment (from U2 to Yanni, Elton John and yes, even Chipmunk Christmas... it was Easter timeframe :) ).  I think about feeling fatigued but still going out for lunch, napping, snuggling with QueenieBeanie, the Healing Toot Queen (now missed terribly).  Then, I sit back and think about all of you here.  The phone calls and items showing up (do any of you remember the Snake and the Mouse from Capt Deb? :) ).

I wanted to say a HUGE thank you for continued support and wishes over the past 8 years on this site... the past "Lucky 7" years since my AN treatment.  Whatta journey... what a ride it's been.  Fingers crossed I never have to go through it again but oh, so glad I did the journey with you all!

So, here I sit... my Lucky 7 ANniversary.... and I  thank you for being there for me.

Wellness wishes to all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: "Lucky 7's" ANniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:08:18 am »
Hi Phyl .....

I do not remember Capt Deb's Snake and Mouse, but I do remember all of the kind, helpful words of encouragement and fun you have given to the members of the forum.

So grateful you are celebrating your lucky 7 ANniversary today!!  Here's to many more!!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 07:39:40 am »
Phyl, A very Happy 7th Anniversary!     Doesn't seem like should be that long but I know it is and happy for you!      I wish you many more good years  and know you have been of such good help here for so many!     I hope you can celebrate in some way as AN anniversaries are BIG Deal!                            Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 03:32:39 pm »
Hi, Phyl ~

Congratulations on your 7th 'anniversary' and thanks again for your enormous contributions here.  You are the 'anchor' moderator and we all benefit from your presence on these forums.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 11:13:17 pm »
Congrats Phyl!!!  While I wish NONE of us ever came down with this little thing in our head, it has in fact formed a new circle of friends that none of us will ever forget.  You have been a pillar of support for a lot of people over the years and I myself am thankful for everything you do.  Congrats again Phyl! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston