Author Topic: East Virginia Medical School  (Read 2655 times)

Jack B

East Virginia Medical School
« on: March 21, 2013, 07:03:05 pm »
Anyone had any experience with Eastern Virginia Medical School and Dr. Strasnick?  I am being pushed in that direction by my local Doctors and I think I favor Duke.

mesafinn

Re: East Virginia Medical School
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 07:52:11 am »
I don't know this doctor but have heard of Daniel H. Coelho, MD in Richmond at VCU who does work with AN patients.  I've had no direct experience with Dr. Coelho, though.
Oct 2012:  Constant Pulsatile Tinnitus
Feb 28, 2013: Dx AN 1.4 cm X .9 mm
April 19, 2013:  GK at UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford

Some things in my life need to matter less, and other things in my life need to matter more.  So yes, I'm taking this as a "lesson learned experience."

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 08:51:13 am »
Dan Coelho was the neurotologist on my case, out of Richmond. He works with Bill Broaddus (neurosurgeon). I can't say enough for either of them...after all, they spent 32 hours inside my skull refusing to stop until they had done all they felt they could.

EVMS is fine medical school, but I don't know anything about their clinical practice. Folks have had excellent results out of Duke. If you want more information about VCU, feel free to PM me.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Jack B

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 12:45:18 pm »
Thanks to both of you for the information.  Richmond is not much closer to me than Duke, so if I cannot learn more about EVMS I will probably ask to be reffered there.