Author Topic: My 4 Year ANniversary  (Read 4248 times)

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
My 4 Year ANniversary
« on: March 17, 2013, 10:26:21 am »
Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow will make 4 years since my 9 ½  hour surgery to remove the tumor that called my head home!  :o It’s been quite a journey, and it’s hard to believe it’s been 4 years already! I have met so many wonderful people along the way, and am blessed to have them all in my life. I will forever be grateful for the continued support and friendship of my fellow ANers,  and for my loving family and friends. To my wonderful husband, I love you.. Forever! I don’t think I could have made it without you!!  :-*

I can’t express enough how grateful I am for this wonderful ANA site and the forum! I had everything I needed to help me sort out my options, and being able to talk with others about their experiences helped me tremendously.

Scarlett

P.S. Last MRI was clean and I graduated to MRI’s every 2 years!!  ;D
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: My 4 Year ANniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 01:38:19 pm »
Hi, Scarlett ~

Congratulations on your four-year AN surgery anniversary!  I'm delighted to learn that you're doing so well.  Your kind words for the ANA discussion forums and it's members is much appreciated.

Say Hi to Rich for me.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:49:05 am »
Scarlett .....

So great to know that this four-year milestone revealed a clean MRI!  Those are the best kind!  Since the vast majority of ANs that do regrow (for the newbies, this is very rare) happen within the first five years after treatment (surgery or radiation), you should soon be free and clear ..... but it is always good to have that confirming clean MRI!

Prayers .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 11:53:58 am »
I can remember 4 years ago like it was yesterday.

Happy ANniversary Dear, I Love you too!! Together Forever!

Hi Jim, Clarice, and all our AN friends. I don't know what we would have done without you!

Rich
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

mandy721

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:16:39 am »
Scarlett and Rich,
It's so nice to see your update and that you are doing well. When I first discovered the boards almost four years ago,you gave me a strong sense of support and comfort.  I have enormous thanks and gratitude for this community that has been so important to many people.
Cheers to all of us!
miranda
Husband diagnosed 5/30/09 with 3.2cm right AN
Surgery at  Columbia Presbyterian 8/4/09
Platinum eye weight implant - 8/17/09
17 days in hospital and rehab
SSD, facial weakness, some tinnitus, headaches , balance and eye problems

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 08:24:27 am »
Congrats, Scarlett!!!  ;D

Hi, Rich.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 02:49:55 pm »
Congrats Scarlett!  Time does fly when you are having fun, doesn't it? Glad to hear all is well! Take care!!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 05:52:53 pm »
Congrats on your clear MRI! 4 years seems like an eternity when you're just trying to get through each day post surgery! My 4 year was April 1. :) Best wishes!
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

Keri

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 09:46:46 pm »
I remember so many of us on here around that time! I was helped so much!!

I just wrote a little blurb here in Community called "Boston, Brunch and Finding My Courage". I'm so emotional today after the bombings at the Boston marathon. I wrote about my experience 4 years ago. Scarlett and Rich - you were just two of the many i met. You two were so nice... I was so nervous about driving in Boston. The fact that Rich gave me your cell numbers in case I had a problem just really meant so much!

Take care... wish I could come up again sometime!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!