Author Topic: Cancel Cruise in Sepember?  (Read 6638 times)

schmidtkat

Re: Cancel Cruise in Sepember?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 11:48:32 pm »
Anita,

I just returned with my family from our second cruise since my translab procedure in Sept. 2011. The first cruise was within 6 months of my surgery. The apprehension you share was certainly an emotion I felt. Dizziness is not really my issue but balance an unsteadiness as some have described is. I found the challenges I have on land to be much the same on board a ship...spiral staircases and walking in the dark are not my friends. However, the motion of the ship was not a problem for me. In fact, I had to chuckle at some staggering onboard...I fit right in and in somecases adapted better than the "norm".

You need to do what makes you comfortable with this decision, but I would agree with comments others have already made...wait and see. Keep this opportunity on the table for now. It may be just the relaxing getaway you need to reward yourself.

Oh, and I did get your message regarding the HEI pictures. I'll be glad to email them to you. I have a bunch. Just PM me your email and I'll send you some Kodak moments. I have a variety of photos from Seton Hall and HEI.

All the best ~ schmidtkat (Kathy)

Bonnie B.

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 03:21:38 pm »
Anita,
What size is your AN?   Since you have trip insurance, why not wait and see what happens. 

Bonnie
1.7 cm AN
diagnosed January, 2012 - no hearing L ear
GK surgery done March 15, 2012 at Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Ct.
Dr. Chiang and Dr. Yu

neetze1

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 11:49:36 pm »
Thanks Kathy, I am looking forward to your pictures. I did pm you.  I hope you got it.  I have made my decision and I am planning on going go HEI.  I have a date in March.  Waiting to see if insurance is approved.  Then I will begin looking for airfare, car rental etc.
Having place to stay takes away so much stress!  I am sure it will be just fine!
Anita
Anita
South Jersey
Translab 3/20/13 at HEI for 3.5 centimeter
Dr. Luxford, Dr. Lekovic, Dr. Stefan

neetze1

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »
Bonnie, it is 2.4 x 3.4 cc  luckly I did buy insurance  ;)
Anita
South Jersey
Translab 3/20/13 at HEI for 3.5 centimeter
Dr. Luxford, Dr. Lekovic, Dr. Stefan

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 01:05:43 pm »
To All:
 From what I have heard about the recent scuttling in Italy and the recent fire that the cruise industry has downplayed in the news I would rethink any arrangements that I have made. I also should disclose that I have made 4 cruises.   (      All uneventful   ) So I am a fan of cruising. I'll take the train next time!

However, spending all that time with no power is too much for anyone to bear especially with no flushing toilets!

Mike

Floating cities they are, but they should have an alternate generator. Just my considered opinion.
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!