Author Topic: 21 down, 4 to go  (Read 3267 times)

Keri

21 down, 4 to go
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »
Hello,
I'm going to put in a plug for LADavid's book again, "Hell in the Head" by David Douglas Shannon. First of all, I think it's a must read for anyone with an AN. I know many of you have read it and quite a few have reviewed it.

Which brings me to this post. Since David is selling this on Amazon, to break the '25 review' mark is key. I've heard this from several other authors as well - it is really helpful when you write a review. I just wrote mine, bring his total to 21. If 4 more review it, he'll hit that magic number (he did not put me up to this, haha)!!

So, here's a link if you'd like to purchase the book or review it. It's a great book (just go read the reviews)!

http://www.amazon.com/Hell-Head-Brain-Tumor-Things/dp/0615642012/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Thank you,
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

sidecar Kathy

Re: 21 down, 4 to go
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:54:41 pm »
Still waiting on my copy to come in the mail.  Looking forward to reading it.

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 09:43:55 pm »
One more review down so does that make it 22 or 23 with Keri's too?     I never counted and am not sure if mine showed up right away.   I should have looked.        Getting closer anyway and hope 25 is soon!                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:45:00 pm »
Got my copy of the book yesterday in the mail and read it in 1 day.  David sure did go through "Hell"!!! I hope my outcome in not like his.  Great for anyone who had or has a AN.  I am having my husband read it too. 

Keri

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 05:06:30 pm »
Hi Kathy,
True, his story isn't the same as everyone's but it sure gives you a sense of all the things that may happen - my doctor only told me about a few things, I never thought of issues like eye problems, etc. I hope your treatment goes well!

Now, David is up to 23 reviews (last I checked). If you're 24 and your hubby is 25, that would put him at the magic number of reviews that Amazon requires before they promote your book!

Actually, I hope he does keep getting more great reviews. He has been such a help to so many AN'ers. He meets all those who go out to LA for their surgery and I think that's been a great encouragement to many here on the forum.

Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

sidecar Kathy

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 11:09:01 pm »
I will have my hubby go on Amazon and review it as he finished reading it yesterday.