Author Topic: A message of Hope and Praise to all the Prayer Warriors from Erlina  (Read 2337 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Dear Prayer Warriors and others who reading this thread,

When we pray with open hearts about a friend with an AN it works and helps the family and the patient very much! Erlina has communicated with me using my email about her daughter Kristine her gratitude and has asked that I thank all of you and in particular those mentioned specifically.

Here is the entire letter as it was written to me, it is quite remarkable and it proves that concentrated prayer works! Good job, Prayer Warriors!!!!!

Hello Mike,

May you and your family have a peaceful, happy, and a healthy 2013!

I have to apologize for not updating you right away with Kristine's status. Her surgery was a success. It was done on Nov.29th, by Dr.Slattery and Dr. Schwartz from the House Ear Clinic. They kept her in the hospital for 5 days, and we stayed another 5 days at the guest hall.We are so grateful for everyone who prayed for her and to you Mike and the ANA, I have gotten a lot of information that helped us decide.
I highly recommend HEI, I know that Kristine is in good hands.

We went up to LA and stayed at Seton Hall 2 days prior to her surgery. She had the pre-op day before and we met with with the 3 doctors Drs. Slattery, Schwartz and Stefan.They explained in detail what to expect after the surgery. Kristine was so upset the night before her surgery thinking of how she'll look after. The next day when they were rolling down to OR, she was still crying. All I could tell her was to pray until she falls asleep, to ask God to make it easy for the doctors to take the tumor out without damaging the facial nerve.She said that she already accepted the fact that she will lose her hearing in the AN earbut not her face. Mike, God is with us. Prayers is so powerful.Her face and eyes were not affected. She lost her hearing, but Kristine is able to manage well with one ear.

She now doing really good. She started going to physical/occupational therapy again twice a week. She could walk but is still wobbly and could easily lose her balance. She still has to see an eye doctor because of her double vision, which was caused by the first surgery. But overall she is doing good.
We are praying and hoping that this will be the of her rough journey,that there will be no more tumor growth.
She has changed her diet now.
As much as possible, she avoids red meat and food with preservatives. And most of all, she avoids aspartame.

Mike please update Jim, Cheryl and everyone who kept us in their prayers.
We always keep everyone in our prayers too.

Erlina Reyes

Pretty incredible isn't it!!! How's that for trusting in God? His Will Be Done!! Thank you for providing the information, ANA forum. A lot of people are grateful!

Continue to walk in faith friends!

I don't know about you, but considering all the frightful news of 2012 this is without a doubt the best news in that frightful year!

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

chloes mema

• Life is a special occasion.
Re: A message of Hope and Praise to all the Prayer Warriors from Erlina
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »
Mike

What a joy to hear that Kristine's surgery was a success and she is making positive strides to full recovery.

Another great example of the results of prayer and faith.   ;)

Karen
Diagnosed October 2011
Oct '11-9 X 6 mm left ear
Mar '12 - 1.25cm
Tinnitus, imbalance, and mild dizziness (ditsy)
My AN = Annoying Nuisance
Jan'12 W&W
May'12 CK completed
Oct'12 hemifacial spasms
Dec'19 It's back

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:31:26 pm »
Mike ~

Thanks for passing on Erlina's heartfelt message with the good news about Kristine's successful AN surgery.  I was honored to be a prayer warrior for her and will be offering prayers of gratitude for the positive outcome to the surgery.  As the saying goes, 'prayer changes things'.  It did for me and I'm delighted to learn that it has for young Kristine.  May God continue to bless Kristine and her mom, Erlina. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Cheryl R

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 04:26:50 pm »
What wonderful news and so happy to hear how well she has done.      I had wondered if I had missed anything past her surgery and glad we did get such good news.         I hope she continues to recover well from all the surgeries she has had.       Thanks Mike for passing it on.
                                                                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care