Author Topic: Dry Eye - right paralysis  (Read 11150 times)

pmcollings

Re: Dry Eye - right paralysis
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 06:22:43 pm »
Hi all,

Thanks all for the great advice.  My insurance still has not approved anything.  I have decided to wait it out.  I went to my neurosurgeon on Monday and he said he would wait until the 6 month mark before deciding on this operation.  I am going to continue to keep a watch on my eye and , btw, it does seem to be improving a tiny bit, my face is as well. 
I cannot afford another operation, but if it comes down to it and my eye is not doing well, then I will. 

Take care,
Pam
Diagnosed 5/2012 - 2.0cm
Translabsurgery  10/30/12. 
50 % hearing loss before op.  Total hearing loss after.  Partial facial paralysis
Surgeons - Dr Craig Kemper and Dr. James Kemper. Austin, texas

millie

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 11:06:11 am »
Pam-My surgery was October 17th.   My eye is less dry as time goes by, it seems.  It is blinking better.  I have just been using the Rfresh drops, not the ointment.  My face is much better but it has about another 40 per cent to go.  My head feels full?  but I am trying to walk and ignore that.  I am trying to forge through it-walk it away.  Stores are still a problem-too much going on.  Hope you are better.  Mil

pmcollings

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 10:40:46 pm »
Hi all,
Things seem to be getting better.  I am now doing the saran wrap method on my eye at night.  I guess this just all takes awhile.  I do so appreciate all the feedback.  It is wonderful to have people to talk to about this.   ;D
Diagnosed 5/2012 - 2.0cm
Translabsurgery  10/30/12. 
50 % hearing loss before op.  Total hearing loss after.  Partial facial paralysis
Surgeons - Dr Craig Kemper and Dr. James Kemper. Austin, texas