Author Topic: 2 weeks post op today! Feeling great!  (Read 9507 times)

geexploitation

Re: 2 weeks post op today! Feeling great!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 01:23:49 pm »
Great news here. I'm glad to hear of your positive experience with Barker and with MGH -- those match my experiences as well. Great hospital; I'd recommend it to anyone.
=========================
41 mm x 24 mm x 28 mm probable AN diagnosed 1/10/2012.
Surgically diagnosed 7/9/2012 as TRIGEMINAL schwannoma and removed via retrosigmoid at MGH in Boston, MA by Drs. Barker and McKenna.

Aprilcl

almost 2 years post op -- Feeling great!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »
Oh please accept my apologies!  :-[  I am so embarrassed - I have not logged on to this forum for more than a year! 
I am one of "those" that had my surgery and completely forgot to come back to the forum for the 1-year update.   And worse, would have forgotten to do the 2-year update if not for the PM that another poster sent to my email. 

Again all is well.  The only issue I have is the single sided deafness... I have decided not to use a hearing aid or implant.  and am just adjusting and learning to adapt. 

Balance is great (going zip-lining this weekend) but I still won't be a ballerina.   ;D 

One naughty thing... I did the first base-line mri in late 2012.  But haven't been back since.... to either Barker or McKenna or for the MRIs... I know it sounds weird but unless there are changes in how I feel that will probably be my last mri. 

I hope all is well out there. 
Diagnosed 2011
Surgery 10/26/2012
Mass Gen and Mass Eye and Ear
Drs. Barker & McKenna
AN size 1.5 cm
Also vascular compression of facial nerve