Author Topic: Tongue Numbness?  (Read 3107 times)

Lynnhamlin

Tongue Numbness?
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:26:56 am »
Hi all,
I have been watching and waiting for about a year now with no growth.  My tumor is 10mm x 7mm and I pretty much have no symptoms except for slight tinnitus in my AN ear.  Over the past few weeks I have now noticed numbness in the MIDDLE of my tongue on and off. I have not recently had dental work and was wondering if my small AN could be causing it.  I have read the archives and it seems most of the tongue numbness is on one side or the other, or after surgery.  Mine is in the middle and comes and goes. Any thoughts?
Thank you

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Tongue Numbness?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:28:20 pm »
Hi, Lynn ~

Transitory numbness in the middle of your tongue can be caused by a variety of factors including a reaction to antibiotic medications.  However, your tongue numbness may be related to your AN.  I would suggest scheduling a consult with your doctor to seek the cause for the onset of this possible symptom of AN growth.  Let us know what the result is.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.