Author Topic: Newbie from Kansas  (Read 2553 times)

dawnnoel

Newbie from Kansas
« on: October 01, 2012, 04:06:06 pm »
Trying to figure out how to post!  I`m a newbie w a 3mm AN found after a  hearing test showed significant hearing loss. Since I`d never had a reason to have an MRI one was ordered. Sounds like I was lucky not to  have to fight for one. I am reading alot and trying to learn what all this means since I never knew such a thing existed. I live in Central KS which has no support groups. Is there anyone that knows of good Dr`s in this part of the US? I am scheduled for another MRI in 6 months. Have ringing and a full feeling in my ear but no balance issues so far.

alabamajane

Re: Newbie from Kansas
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:53:37 am »
Welcome Dawnnoel,

If you go to "home" you should see option to start new topic,, you may want to post through there  with title like " help with Dr. In KS",, to get more response..

As you can see, I am in AL so not much help with local drs... However, you may have noticed on here that many of us suggest sending your MRI cd and any auditory testing to House Clinic (HEI.org) in LA,CA for free phone consult,,, I did and they are very helpful with advice and second opinions. You are under no obligation for treatment there, I spoke several years to dr there and had my surgery in AL last year.. There are other drs that will do this also, but I'm not sure who,,,

Hang in there and come back often,, we will advise best we can with our experiences,, we are not medical professionals though. Best of luck on your journey! Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

PamJ

Re: Newbie from Kansas
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 08:53:27 am »
Hi Dawnoel I'm in England so can't recommend Drs but what I would say is your AN is very small and as they are slow growing and benign I would take plenty of time to do research before deciding the best option.  As it is so small you might be recommended to 'wait and watch'.  Good Luck.  Pam
March 2011 - Acoustic Neuroma translab surgery
July    2011 - Tarsorrhaphy surgery
June   2012 - BAHA abutment surgery
July    2012 - Tarsorrhapy reversed
Sept   2012 - BAHA (Pronto Pro) fitted
Sept   2013 - Diplopia Surgery
April   2014 - Platinum chain surgery