Author Topic: Does anyone know of Dr. Slattery in House Ear Institute?  (Read 5975 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Does anyone know of Dr. Slattery in House Ear Institute?
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:37:34 am »
Dear ANA friends,

I have a friend by the name of Erlina Reyes who lives in San Fransisco she and her daughter Kristine have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9:00 am with Dr. Slattery at the House Ear Institute. I know of Dr. Friedman who as of 2004 worked there and gave me a consultation when I sent him my CT scan. However, I do not know if he still works there.

Erlina is additionally concerned because her daughter Kristine has already had 2 operations for NF2 and her Doctors are concerned with performing another operation so soon after the first 2 for an Acoustic Neuroma.

Some additional symptomology that Kristine is experiencing is pain around her face (burning sensation), headache and spasming and stiffness in her neck. I have been asked to ask the group if anyone knows of him since I do not (Dr. Slattery).

Erlina's email is elmrey@cox.net.
Please pray for her and her daughter Kristine.

PS. Could you invite them to join our group?

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Does anyone know of Dr. Slattery in House Ear Institute?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:32:30 pm »
Hi Mike
I have heard of Dr. Slattery but I cannot give any feedback because I have not worked with him. I had Dr. Friedman. Dr. Friedman is still there and I find him fantastic. Do pass my thoughts and prayers on. I do hope House is able to give her some relief.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Cheryl R

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 02:25:17 pm »
That is great they are going to see Dr Slattery.      He does the NF2 sessions at the AN symposiums so have heard him talk several times.       He is who I chose if had ever went to HEI.    My surgeon in Iowa City follows the same path for NF2 patients as they do.        Actually Dr Slattery recognizes me by sight now as the NF2 group is always a small one so we can ask any questions we want to him.                Think there has been a couple on here who has had him for their surgeon.              I am anxious to see how it goes for Kristina and hope for the best for her and family.                   Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

alabamajane

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 03:39:49 pm »
Mike, although I did not use him, he was the Dr. That called in response to my mail consult. I was very impressed with him "over the phone". He seemed very concerned and knowledgable and gave me very useful and appreciated info to use in my decision- making. He called me twice within two years after successive MRIs and then this year called back to check on me after not hearing during this last year ( as I had decided to use another Dr. For personal reasons )!,,
I hope your friend finds him just as concerned, which I am sure she will,, she is much closer to the facility than I am too. Best of luck to her and she will be in my prayers. Jane
translab Oct 27, 2011
facial nerve graft Oct 31,2011, eyelid weight removed Oct 2013, eye closes well

BAHA surgery Oct. 2014, activated Dec. 26

MDemisay

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:32:31 am »
Dear friends,

Thank you one and all for replying.I am reasonably assured that with the forum members experience and Dr. Slattery's influence and expertise that Kristine and her mother Erlina will be well satisfied. I will tell them of your confidence and concern for them. Hopefully either one or both will join the ANA forum soon.

Thanks again, it's great to be able to "work" with you.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!

LizAN

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 08:46:39 pm »
Mike,

Dr. Slattery, along with Dr. Schwartz, did my surgery in July.  I have been very pleased with all of my interactions with him over the last two years.  He did a great job on my surgery.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

MDemisay

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 11:44:55 am »
Dear ANA friends,

I have not heard anything from Erlina yet as to how the appointment went...I'm going with the theory that no news is good news.

Mike

Have a pain-free weekend all!